• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When working in alternate layouts, can you have original facing and alternate single pages?

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to be able to work with facing pages, or full spread, versions of my document, as well as single page alternate layouts. How do I do this?

Please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

It's InDesign, John T Smith . I'm moving it.

kwilson42 Unfortunately, InDesign doesn't have an option to change from facing to non-facing or vice versa in alternate layouts. Each subsequent layout will always inherit the non/facing status from the first layout.

There are a few workarounds, but nothing elegant. Check out these forum threads:

Alternating master pages (non-spread layout)

creating alternate layout with facing pages

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Forum Lounge is not for technical help, please provide the name of the program you are using so your message may be moved to the correct program forum... A program would be Photoshop or Dreamweaver or Muse or Premiere Pro or ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's InDesign, John T Smith . I'm moving it.

kwilson42 Unfortunately, InDesign doesn't have an option to change from facing to non-facing or vice versa in alternate layouts. Each subsequent layout will always inherit the non/facing status from the first layout.

There are a few workarounds, but nothing elegant. Check out these forum threads:

Alternating master pages (non-spread layout)

creating alternate layout with facing pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pariah Burke 

The links for the threads do not work and a search on the subjects you mention also do not return anything relevant.

Can you update?

N

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This discussion is four years old. Please start a new discussion with full details, including what version of InDesign you're using if you want help. The forum software changed a while back and most links to it are broken.

I'm locking this to avoid anything else getting lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines