• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White pixel lines appearing on png's at intersecting line points on tables created in indesign

New Here ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting these white pixel lines as shown in graphic - when exporting tables from inDesign.

They don't show when I turn anti-alias off - but this gives the png a hard edge to the graphic which I dont want.

How do I fix this please?

example.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-22 at 8.20.17 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Also, the interpolation method matters, try Bilinear. Here’s Auto vs. Bilinear 576ppi to 144ppi:

Screen Shot 22.pngScreen Shot 21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The anti-aliasing pixels are showing where the cell borders meet. You could try turning off anti-aliasing and exporting at a higher resolution than needed followed by a downsample—the downsample will create an ati-aliasing effect. Here I exported at 4x the desired resolution followed by a downsample to the target res:

Screen Shot 16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rob - a good solution that's going to save a lot of hours work. I was selecting and filling the areas before. Upwards of  20-30 steps before depending how many insecting points there were on the table. Now just 1 exrta step. Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, the interpolation method matters, try Bilinear. Here’s Auto vs. Bilinear 576ppi to 144ppi:

Screen Shot 22.pngScreen Shot 21.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines