• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White space in text plaguing me.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a book with multiple pages of text, and I can't figure out where this block of white space is coming from. Can someone help me identify the problem?Screen Shot 2020-11-01 at 11.07.50 AM.png

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

I solved the problem!Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 1.14.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to see in this view, perhaps you can you zoom in on the problem area, make sure Invisibiles are displayed (Type menu > Show Invisibles) and take another screen grab. It could also be helpful to get another screen grab which shows that last bit of text and the problem area in the Story Editor (Edit menu > Edit in Story Editor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Diane Burns requested (showing invisibles) could you also include a screen shot of your Pages Panel? This will help to determine whether a different Master Page with a Primary Text Frame has been applied to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing there is a Break Character at the top of the white area, which you would see when you show invisibles (with overprint preview off). If so, replace it with a paragraph return. Another possibility not yet mentioned is text wrap from an object on a hidden layer or hidden object.

Insert Break Character.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! Thank you all so much for responding! I started anew, and still getting the same problem. The original text had lots of crazy hard returns and bad tabs, etc. and so I converted the doc to RTF thinking that would get rid of unwanted spacing, but it is still happening.  When I pull the text box down below the margin, the text reveals. 

Again, many thanks.

Hope you are all well in this crazy time.

Regards,

Kellie

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 3.39.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-09 at 3.39.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-09 at 3.46.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, just to clarify, the third attachment is the top of the next page, that follows the problem child. I'm not sure why they came through out of sequence. 

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem!Screen Shot 2020-12-12 at 1.14.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My text does not reach the end of the page and skips to the next page. I've tried several ways and I can't solve this problem. It is a 600-page long document. SOS! Please, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines