• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White textbox and image backgrounds, while viewing Epub (Indesign CC 2019) on kindle previewer.

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am writing my first ebook. I used Indesign CC 2019 to create it. Then I export the book using EPUB Fixed Layout and PNG format. Unfortunately while viewing the book on Kindle previewer, the strokes of the text and the image become filled in white. For the record, when I go to Window>Interactive>Epub Interactively Preview, I get a good previewing.

q1.JPGq2.JPG

The original                                                                                                  The result in KDP

Thank you

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2019 Jan 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, Kindle has very limited support for this. Best to check with Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the format Export Options set to Automatic, the PNGs could have be changed to JPGs, though that wouldn't explain the white background to the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bullet points (tick marks) are not supported with the font used. That's why, it highlights the textbox as white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines