Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White window title bars on Big Sur vs. InDesign / Illustrator

Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Apple's issue, not Adobe's.

Is it just me, or the new white title bars on Big Sur are a bad idea in general - and in particular in combination with InDesign/Illustrator (and similar products)?

I attached two screenshots. The title bar now can totally blend with the page itself, which creates undesirable effect and is in general poor UI and UX, in my view.

Granted it only happens when there are no tabs or rulers open, but still. With gray title bars on previous systems the title bar was always clearly separated from document's contents.

I submitted feedback to Apple to restore gray title bars. I wonder if other users feel the same.

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

I have InDesign 2021 and Big Sur. But I don't encounter it because I always have the Application Frame turned on. Your case is with Application Frame is turned off (when I tried to re-create it).  Here's what it looks like with an Application Frame (no problem!):

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 6.37.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have InDesign 2021 and Big Sur. But I don't encounter it because I always have the Application Frame turned on. Your case is with Application Frame is turned off (when I tried to re-create it).  Here's what it looks like with an Application Frame (no problem!):

Screen Shot 2021-01-13 at 6.37.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Steve, that's good info (even though I don't use app frame). I myself mostly don't encounter this issue either as there are usually a few tabs open. My main grievance is with Apple making those title bars white at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines