• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't load plugin with debug mode CC2021?

Enthusiast ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I build sample of SDK 2021:

Build Release : It is ok.

Build Debug: it occur below error.

Why can't load plugin with debug mode CC2021?

---------------------------
InDesign.exe
Adobe InDesign cannot load the WFP.SDK.PLN plug-in. The WFP.SDK.PLN plug-in requires the debug version of InDesign. Please contact the vendor to get a compatible version of WFP.SDK.PLN.
Show this alert again?
Yes No

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This error means that your debug plugin was compiled with some component of release configuration. Check the following things

• Check if the debug flag is used for the compilation of C++ and fr files or not.
  • All the libraries(.lib files) that the plugin links to are debug version and not the release version.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I download source sdk ver plugin_sdk_16.0.0.077 at: https://console.adobe.io/servicesandapis

I  not edit  and build plugin [WriteFishPrice] in sdksamples.

I see all file .lib , refer in 2 folder: 

plugin\build\win\objdx64

plugin\build\win\objrx64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you trying to load the plugin in the debug version of indesign? and this post might help - https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-cc-2017-sdk/td-p/8755213

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manan, this sounds like the opposite way:

The plug-in was built for the debug version of InDesign, but OP is trying a release version of InDesign.

Either you are launching the wrong InDesign or a release build was published as debug build.

Check for the typical indicators of a debug build: menus "QA" and "Test" ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Dirk Becker,

Yes, I realized that I understood it wrong. @daitranthanhoa you can install debug version of plugin only in debug version of InDesign. To get hold of it you will need to join the prerelease program.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note there are multiple InDesign related programs, you need "InDesign Developers Prerelease".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't dowload Ver Id 2021 from  https://www.adobeprerelease.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, you just need to join the proper prerelease program, then to download the debug version of the program you have to use the Creative Cloud application. Make sure you log into the CC app using the same credentials that you used to apply to the pre-release program.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i had join, but it only allow download to version 2020 (15.1.2.221)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

daitranthanhoa said: "Yes, i had join, but it only allow download to version 2020 (15.1.2.221)"

Where did you look at to download the debug version of InDesign 2021?

I can see an InDesign 2021 Prerelease-Debug under category Prerelease from my CC Desktop App on Windows 10:

InDesignDebugVersion-CC-DesktopApp-Prerelease.PNG

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines