Highlighted

Why do my dimensions change when I export to PDF from InDesign?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My page in Indesign is definitely 225mm x 297mm, with a bleed of 5mm on all sides, meaning the dimension with bleed should be 235mm x 307mm. (Right?)

I export with bleed included, and crop marks, and I check the properties in Acrobat. The dimensions are now 23.979cm x 31.178 cm.

The crop marks have added a bit, but even when i remove them the dimensions are NOW 23.497 cm x 30.696cm. 

I think this is why I cannot submit my ad to Adsend. It HAS to be the dimesions I first mentoined. How can I stop it from changing my dimensions, even if it is this slight? I have tried different export presets to no avail.

Thank you!

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why do my dimensions change when I export to PDF from InDesign?

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My page in Indesign is definitely 225mm x 297mm, with a bleed of 5mm on all sides, meaning the dimension with bleed should be 235mm x 307mm. (Right?)

I export with bleed included, and crop marks, and I check the properties in Acrobat. The dimensions are now 23.979cm x 31.178 cm.

The crop marks have added a bit, but even when i remove them the dimensions are NOW 23.497 cm x 30.696cm. 

I think this is why I cannot submit my ad to Adsend. It HAS to be the dimesions I first mentoined. How can I stop it from changing my dimensions, even if it is this slight? I have tried different export presets to no avail.

Thank you!

Topics

Create PDFs, Edit and convert PDFs, How to, Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could export to pdf with this settings

Schermata 2019-12-09 alle 12.43.26.png

and the pdf will be 235 x 307

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gvmark,

never used Adsend.

Are they that picky that an error of 0.03 mm or 0.04 mm is not accepted?

You could open the PDF in Acrobat Pro DC and give exact dimensions with the Set Page Boxes Dialog box:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/crop-pdf-pages.html

With InDesign this seems to be a typical rounding error, I think.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
rob_day LATEST
Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested a page with your dimensions and could not replicate the problem.

Screen Shot 1.png

My page in Indesign is definitely 225mm x 297mm,

Where are you checking the page dimensions? Document Setup gives you the global document dimensions, but document pages can have different dimensions, so you have to use the Pages tool to select the page, and check the dimensions with the Transform panl.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines