Highlighted

Why InDesign changes Hex Colour as I changed to the colour in the style guide.

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the colour for my Indesign Document and after looking back it changes automatically. May I ask what is the issue?

I want to use Hex Code: #0077C8.

But Indesign takes it as: 2077bd

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, please check out help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/color.html#) to know about color management in Adobe InDesign. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why InDesign changes Hex Colour as I changed to the colour in the style guide.

Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the colour for my Indesign Document and after looking back it changes automatically. May I ask what is the issue?

I want to use Hex Code: #0077C8.

But Indesign takes it as: 2077bd

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now. We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate answer correct.

If you used any other method, please share it here. It'll help other users having similar concern.

If you still have issues, please check out help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/color.html#) to know about color management in Adobe InDesign. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 15, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your document in CMYK mode or RGB?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask please which system should I use for presentation purposes?
I don't know which system is available.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign doesn’t have a document color mode, you have to set the chosen swatch or color to the correct color mode. For HEX values it has to be RGB.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign can have a mix of RGB, CMYK, or Lab colored objects on the same page. Hex colors need to be RGB, so if you are using the Color Picker make sure your cursor is in one of the R, G, or B fields before you choose the color—the add swatch button should be Add RGB Swatch:

Screen Shot 2.png

If you are making the color using the Color or Swatches panels, make sure the Color Mode is RGB

Screen Shot 3.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 15, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 25, 2020 0