• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is everything pixelated and blurry in CS6?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2013 Feb 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

A few months ago I installed the trial versions of Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop on my MacBookPro.  After they expired I purchased the standard student edition and used the provided key number to unlock the full versions.  However, everything (including the sample fonts list, icons and opening menu) are pixelated and blurry.  As a design student, it is incredibly distracting to see font that isn't smooth like it should be on a retina display...

I've updated Indesign to version 8.0.1 but to no avail.  What could be wrong and how might I solve this problem?

Thank you,

Cuong

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New features have always needed a fee. Make no mistake, support for new hardware and systems is a new feature, not (as many wish) a bug fix, obligation or gift. “New” here would mean ”released at any moment after the first release”. When you bought CS6 it was already replaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which bit is giving you trouble? It’s really just the follow up to CS6 - CS7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 if you like. It isn’t a different kind of software and isn’t in the cloud. Of course there are new and removed features... Let us know how we can help you get started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I WOULD LOVE THE HELP!!! My Indesign is pixelated and its driving me crazy! When I got my new Macbook Pro a few years ago, I also bought the newest creative suite that was out at the time. They updated photoshop and illustrator and I was able to get it to not be pixelated, but everything in InDesign and Acrobat are so blurry, I have to text the files to myself and make sure that they are clear. (Indesign below top, photoshop bottom).... anything opened in Acrobat or indesign are pixelate and it makes no sense to me! Since Adobe saw the problem and fixed Photoshop and Illustrator, there's got to be a solution for the other 2

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 6.36.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 6.24.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's hard to tell, here's another screen capture of the startup window... Screen Shot 2018-03-09 at 6.48.19 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the versions of those two apps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you had Creative Cloud. Do you or don’t you.

As we’ve already point out several times, CS6 is now almost six years old, has reached end of life and will never be updated again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When someone had an issue I don’t blame them, I listen and try to help. 

I’m having the same exact issue. I’m just now looking into it. I’ll let you know what I find to correct this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have CS6 and a retina screen the solution has been discussed over and over but was not popular because apparently Adobe should keep supporting software when people don't feel like upgrading. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines