• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is InDesign being unbearably slow?

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've used Indesign for many years now and this used to work fine with no problems.  I'm currently using Indesign 2021 which for the past few months has been horendously slow and sluggish. I have an almost brand new Macbook Pro with an 8TB HD and 64GB of Memory and am using MacOS Catalina Version 10.15.7.  Even extremely simple tasks that should take a few minutes end up wasting about 20 minutes of my time. Why is InDesign being so slow and how can I fix this?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had an InDesign file that was being very slow and sluggish for me about a year ago on my older (2013) iMac. I discovered I had some complicated GREP Styles defined. InDesign was processing all the text in the file using the GREP Styles and it was slowing everything down. I duplicated the styles and removed the GREP from the duplicates. I use Find/Change to replace the original styles with the duplicates, then again to cahnge them back aafter editing. Fortunately the GREP was only changing colour so I didn’t have to worry about text reflowing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines