Highlighted

Why is InDesign so slow when working with a large table?

Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table, 47 rows by 7 columns, and each time I click in a cell, there is a 10 second lag time. This has been happening for years, on a bunch of different documents. Large tables are a nightmare to work with. Is there any fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is InDesign so slow when working with a large table?

Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a table, 47 rows by 7 columns, and each time I click in a cell, there is a 10 second lag time. This has been happening for years, on a bunch of different documents. Large tables are a nightmare to work with. Is there any fix for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Valorous Hero ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you switched to latest versions of ID and OS ? Normally the move to 64bits should have improved things in that area.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Document Geek,

I would like to know if the performance of the application is improved, or the issue still persists.

Kindly update the discussion if you need further assistance with it.

Thanks,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm designing an annual report and having a huge problem with speed/lag time when working in tables. It is really frustrating. Any solve for this?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Known problem, reported many, many times to Adobe, here and directly in the pre release tests, bug logged many times with examples... t hey simple ignore it all.

long tables are a nightmare, slow slow slow

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines