Highlighted

Why is my document printing as if the margins are bigger than what I set?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to redesign a new church bulletin. I have an 8.5x11 Indesign document with 0.25 inch margins and gutter. There is no text past the margins that I can see, and yet when I try to print it, it gives me an "overset text" warning. I checked it to see if there was, but there wasn't, so I just went ahead and printed. It printed everything right except the right side of the paper. It printed that like the margin was set at 0.5 in, even though it is set at 0.25. Even trying to export as a PDF it gives the same warning. 

Topics

Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why is my document printing as if the margins are bigger than what I set?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to redesign a new church bulletin. I have an 8.5x11 Indesign document with 0.25 inch margins and gutter. There is no text past the margins that I can see, and yet when I try to print it, it gives me an "overset text" warning. I checked it to see if there was, but there wasn't, so I just went ahead and printed. It printed everything right except the right side of the paper. It printed that like the margin was set at 0.5 in, even though it is set at 0.25. Even trying to export as a PDF it gives the same warning. 

Topics

Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I need to clarify? I can upload pics. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0