• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is part of image hidden?

Engaged ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to InDesign, but I've studied several hours and I can't figure this out.  I have placed my first image, after drawing a frame to fit the page.  The image shows up fine, except that the bottom inch is obscured -- by something.  Since the image is the only thing on the page, I can't figure out why part of it is being obscured.  

Can someone please tell me why the bottom of my image is hidden even though there seems to be nothing else on the page but the image itself?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

It looks like your image itself is cut off on the bottom, not the frame. The blue line is the space for the content and the bottom blue line defines the edge of the image itself.

Try this and see if it works: Instead of trying to fit the art in a frame, place the art at full size, then scale the image to fit the open space.

If you get the entire image and you can scale it, good. It's a little extra effort, but you'll get what you want.

If the bottom is cut off when you place the image witho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

The blue is the Frame box you drew, and the the brown is the bounding box of your graphic (the "Content") that is placed inide it. The bottom is cut off because your frame is clipping it. If you want to see the whole graphic, you have a many option: these are the two most appropriate right now: 1) if the Frame is the size you want, you want to fit your graphic ("content") to the frame. Menu: Object > Fitting > Fit Content Proportionally. or 2) resize your frame to fit the graphic, which is menu:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like your image itself is cut off on the bottom, not the frame. The blue line is the space for the content and the bottom blue line defines the edge of the image itself.

Try this and see if it works: Instead of trying to fit the art in a frame, place the art at full size, then scale the image to fit the open space.

If you get the entire image and you can scale it, good. It's a little extra effort, but you'll get what you want.

If the bottom is cut off when you place the image without scaling, you may need to go back to the image and re-save it.

Good luck, and let us know how this turns out. From there we can help you target the cause of your problem.

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blue is the Frame box you drew, and the the brown is the bounding box of your graphic (the "Content") that is placed inide it. The bottom is cut off because your frame is clipping it. If you want to see the whole graphic, you have a many option: these are the two most appropriate right now: 1) if the Frame is the size you want, you want to fit your graphic ("content") to the frame. Menu: Object > Fitting > Fit Content Proportionally. or 2) resize your frame to fit the graphic, which is menu: Object > Fitting > Fit Frame to Content. Just dragging the handles of the frame would do the same, but if you play with these, you will get the idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for both responses. I'll try out the different options suggested as I strive to understand InDesign.

For this particular case, I was indeed able to use "fit content proportionally" to make the whole image appear.

So thanks for the suggestions!  Now I'm going back to the tutorials to try to get a better grasp of InDesign as a whole.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines