Highlighted

Why superscripts instead of ordinary numerals?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10. Now when I type up a recipe, all the quantities show up as superscripts and I have to go in to each number, one by one to change them to an ordinary number. Is there somewhere where I can set a perference or change some set up?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Why superscripts instead of ordinary numerals?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently I upgraded to Windows 10. Now when I type up a recipe, all the quantities show up as superscripts and I have to go in to each number, one by one to change them to an ordinary number. Is there somewhere where I can set a perference or change some set up?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the paragraph style applied over this text, it might have a Grep Style configured that is applying a Character Style for superscripting. If the whole content of the paragraph is superscripted then the position property of the paragraph style might be set to superscript.

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 30, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a font setting - some opentype fonts have this setup see the video here

https://www.fontspring.com/support/how-to-access-opentype-features-in-indesign

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Paragraph style settings, specially in the Open Type section or look if a Character Style is accidentally selecte, when no tool is active and if that style has some kind of settngs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2020 0