• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Window resize

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my Mac just updated to Big Sur and i am having an issue with 'placing window' in InDesign-Illustrator-Photoshop.

Each time i want to place a document, the window resizes, thus i have to expand each time. There are pictures attached, you can see what i am talking about.

The same thing occurs when i want to save a document or a picture in Photoshop.

I would like to know if this is an Adobe or Apple matter.

pic1.jpgpic2.jpg

Thankfully

Aldo

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

If you would have searched the forum first you would have found at least four other topics in this.

anyway, it is a known bug with Big Sur 11.1 update and happens in all apps with every Open/Save etc. dialogs.

Apple needs to fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have an answer, just an agreement. I'm experiencing the same issue. The exact thing occurs when I wish to open a new or older document. Window size is essentially a "stamp" size and must be expanded manually. I'm following this thread, hoping we both get an answer soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur is a major rewrite of Mac's desktop OS. Consequently, that affects every application you use, include Adobe's Creative Suite. Each has to be retooled for the new OS and that takes several months for each software manufacturer to accomplish.

(I've often heard from engineers at major software companies that, although Apple does give them access to the new OS in advance of its launch, it's a very skimpy window they're given, maybe a month or 2. And they say Apple is often adjusting the OS right up to launch, which affects their retooling work. So don't expect any of our software companies' programs to work well enough on a new OS, both Windows and Apple, for at least 3-6 months after its release. Big Sur has been out for only a month.)

At this time, I think most CS apps are running under Big Sur's emulator for older software, so there will likely be many glitches in what we experience.

Might be best to log these problems at www.InDesign.UserVoice.com so that the engineers can be aware of them.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Bev.

I will use your suggestion.

Enjoy your holidays

Al

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome @eugene525

Hope you can get a solution for this.

And do notify Adobe's engineers via www.InDesign.UserVoice.com about the glitches you find. Your input could help them correct the problems.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would have searched the forum first you would have found at least four other topics in this.

anyway, it is a known bug with Big Sur 11.1 update and happens in all apps with every Open/Save etc. dialogs.

Apple needs to fix this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for any redundancy. I know I appear like a dope but I did try to dig up the subject in the search section. I kept punching in different phrases like "how to resize search window InDesign," "InDesign search window too small," "InDesign place object window won't resize," and a few others. I guess I didn't hit the right string of words.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 24, 2020 Dec 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries 😉 And the problem is still not fixed in the latest beta version Big Sur 11.2 so we have a few weeks or even months to live with this Apple bug 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines