Highlighted

words are divided at the end of line in Sinhala text

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Sinhala (an Asian language) fonts such as "fmabhaya". In all Sinhala fonts the period (.) character of English fonts represents a specific letter of the Sinhala alphabet.(ග)

So when I type in Sinhala, lines break at the default period character of the English font. Therefore, Sinhala words always break when period (.) is typed.

I used "world ready paragraph composer" in Indesign as well, but the same problem occurs. How can I fix this. 

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

words are divided at the end of line in Sinhala text

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Sinhala (an Asian language) fonts such as "fmabhaya". In all Sinhala fonts the period (.) character of English fonts represents a specific letter of the Sinhala alphabet.(ග)

So when I type in Sinhala, lines break at the default period character of the English font. Therefore, Sinhala words always break when period (.) is typed.

I used "world ready paragraph composer" in Indesign as well, but the same problem occurs. How can I fix this. 

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 12, 2020 0

Have something to add?