Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

work space frame icons highlighted in colour

Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

On seamingly random occasions, my workspaee tool icons, ruler measurements, font size values, everything, etc, all show up in a highlighted colour. So, where you would normally expect your tool icons, etc, to show up as white, all icons show up as, say, a lime green, or red, or yellow. Although this is probably a bug i actually quite like it.

Working on a 4K screen the tools, ruler measurements and all get quite small to see. So this 'bug', if that's what it is, works really well for me and gives the whole workspace much more clarity. But i just have no idea how i trigger it! Any clues or help for this would be great. Thanks very much everybody.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

could you show a screenshot?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Uwe, so sorry for the long delay in responding. And thank so  much for responding to me. I guess i just never expected a reply and i don't remember seeing the response email come through from Adobe at that time. Anyhow, yes, please find attached a couple of examples of the how my Workspace frame behaves now and again. And as i've said, i actually like the fact that it makes the Workspace frame easier to read. And i know this subject has been garnering a lot of attention recently amongst the communities! Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks again, Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks for picking up on this so fast Uwe.

Yes, it's a strange one. But you can also see how this may be a good thing. Especially as the topic of undersized UI frames has been on-going for some time now.  A long while ago now (probably as long as when you wrote to me!) i did write to Adobe about this (but i can't honestly remember when) but never got a response. So i'm going to send it, as you suggested, to InDesign User Voice and see what they say.

All the best Uwe, Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

wow! Never saw a thing like that. Could this be exclusively an issue on Mac OS?

I'm on Windows 10 for some years now, so I am no help here for testing things with Mac OS.

But before, when on Mac OS X 11 and below, I never was not confronted with that.

I guess, it could help to trash InDesign preferences and/or InDesign caches. Before, make a backup of course.

Where to find the relevant Version 15.0 or Version 16.0 folders ( for InDesign 2020 or 2021 ), see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Hm, or check if browser extensions are in use that may be the reason.

Did you report that problem at InDesign UserVoice? If not you should do:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines