Highlighted

working inside an anchored frame

Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Using ID 15.1.1/Windows10 1909

Working on a document that uses anchored frames. One of the frames is fairly complex -- it contains 13 screen shots to show the organization of a program.

anchored_frame_question.png

Of course, in the tradition of software development, some of the screen shots have changed. I know how to use direct select to replace and relink a screen shot inside the frame.... but the aspect ratio of a couple of the shots has changed, and the shots are hairlined -- so the size changes are obvious.

The only way I know how to handle this is to delete the anchored frame and all its contents and to rebuild it from scratch, placing and sizing each of the 13 screen shots again, relabeling, etc.... Is there a simpler way to "reach inside" this anchored frame and adjust the outlining for the one or two screen shots whose aspect ratio has changed, or must I delete everything and start over? I have to believe there is a better way.

Similar: Now one of the captions is wrong, too. Is there any way to adjust the size of the text box so that it doesn't overset? (I know I can retype into the frame, but now the text box is not big enough).

Thanks as always to the community.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Nedlaw,

to make this easier for you just unanchor the group of items:

First select the anchored group. To do this select one item of the group and then use the keyboard command Esc until you selected the anchored group. If you can select it right away, the better for you.

Cut the anchored group to the clipboard, then use menu command Paste In Place to get it back unanchored to the page, maybe even ungroup the pasted group, do your edits, group the items again. Then cut it to the clipboard, select an insertion point in your text frame and paste it in as anchored group.

No need to start from scratch, I think.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

working inside an anchored frame

Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Using ID 15.1.1/Windows10 1909

Working on a document that uses anchored frames. One of the frames is fairly complex -- it contains 13 screen shots to show the organization of a program.

anchored_frame_question.png

Of course, in the tradition of software development, some of the screen shots have changed. I know how to use direct select to replace and relink a screen shot inside the frame.... but the aspect ratio of a couple of the shots has changed, and the shots are hairlined -- so the size changes are obvious.

The only way I know how to handle this is to delete the anchored frame and all its contents and to rebuild it from scratch, placing and sizing each of the 13 screen shots again, relabeling, etc.... Is there a simpler way to "reach inside" this anchored frame and adjust the outlining for the one or two screen shots whose aspect ratio has changed, or must I delete everything and start over? I have to believe there is a better way.

Similar: Now one of the captions is wrong, too. Is there any way to adjust the size of the text box so that it doesn't overset? (I know I can retype into the frame, but now the text box is not big enough).

Thanks as always to the community.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Nedlaw,

First select the anchored group. To do this select one item of the group and then use the keyboard command Esc until you selected the anchored group. If you can select it right away, the better for you.

Cut the anchored group to the clipboard, then use menu command Paste In Place to get it back unanchored to the page, maybe even ungroup the pasted group, do your edits, group the items again. Then cut it to the clipboard, select an insertion point in your text frame and paste it in as anchored group.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Topics

How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nedlaw,

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select the items from the link panel it is easier. Apply an object style to the frames which will resize according the image content properly to your wishes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 19, 2020 1