• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Working on a book (160 p), how can I lock/safe gard the finished pages?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm working on a book with appr. 160 pages. Now at 99 and I like to 'freeze' or 'lock' everything precious that has been found correct. 
Is there a way or a work around? Should I split the document up in e.g. 4 large sections and join them when finished?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean preventing alterations to the PDF produced from your InDesign? You can do that, though experts can soon break it. Or do you mean producing several InDesign documents and joining them into one? If so, you use the Book feature for this (File > New > Book).

By the way, don't forget to save incrementally named copies of your book files, externally as well as internally, to prevent loss in case of corruption or something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not pdf's. The actual InDesign file. But thinking 'Book' is prob. a good idea. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might find this documentation on creating book files useful: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/creating-book-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make backup copies of things as they are approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines