• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong EPUB preview but right PDF preview

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I made some buttons in my InDesign document redirecting to some web links and enabling other buttons (eg. "click here to..."). When I see the EPUB preview, only 2 of them work correctly. Once I exported this InDesign document to PDF, all the 4 buttons actually work. I checked all 4 buttons with their respective commands, and they're supposed to work in the EPUB preview.

Is there a bug or maybe something I disabled?

When I preview another document that also has the same buttons, the EPUB preview matches the PDF preview. So I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Attached I show how the EPUB doesn't show my Flickr buttons vs what happens when I preview it in PDF.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020
Make sure that all interactivity is above all other content and does not overlap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can have a word or words or an image (such as a button shape) as a document hyperlink to say another page in the document, or to an external website. Some devices, for example, iPads, don't have rollover capability – only click – you should avoid multi-action buttons like On Click, On Roll Over, etc. Multi-state object (MSO) don’t work at all in an Interactive PDFs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that all interactivity is above all other content and does not overlap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, I just had to rearrange the layers and now they all work perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines