Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong image is linked when placing into InDesign CC for MacOS

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All -

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on an issue that will randomly happen that is driving me nuts.

Occasionally when I attempt to place an image into ID it will randomly link back to a previous placement. I've tried to place it several different (File>Place, cmd>d, dragging and droping, copy and paste, etc)  ways and end up with the same results no matter what. The only way I have found to fix the problem is to close ID and restart the machine and the problem is fixed but will randomly show back up later on in the day / week.

I've attempted to search for something similar but have come up empty. The closest I've found is people talking about images being brought in at different sizes which is not the issue I'm having.

I would greatly appreciate any light the community might be able to shed on the subject.

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt,

Could you try resetting your InDesign preferences: Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Let me know if that solves the placement issue or if it's still occurring after the reset.

Best,

Wren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try and see if it helps.

Matt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,
I'm having the same issue. I've also noticed glitching between the images.
Did the solution work ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines