• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

x and y coordinates relating to pasteboard and not spread

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has just recently happened but now when I want to add a text frame at x 32px on my spread it now moves it to x 32px on my pasteboard. 

Any suggestions on why this happening and how I can change it back? I've searched all over and can't find how to resolve this! 

It's so frustrating!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Hi, thanks for yout suggestion. I had the ruler already set to spread but I've just worked out what happened. 

On the transform grid the point was centred now I've put it back to top left corner. Seems so easy now but I just didn't notice before! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set the ruler to "Ruler per Spread" and then try moving the frame to your desired location

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for yout suggestion. I had the ruler already set to spread but I've just worked out what happened. 

On the transform grid the point was centred now I've put it back to top left corner. Seems so easy now but I just didn't notice before! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That would have been my next suggestion, but I thought you were mindful of it 🙂

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just as a heads up, if you double click the box where the two rulers intersect, you will reset the zero point to the top left of the page. This is more accurate than dragging the zero point back into position. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines