• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow areas in some of my pages, how do I get my pages back to normal?

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what I did, but whenever I export my work as a PDF, some of my pages have become yellow or parts of the pages have now got a yellow streak at the bottom of the pages. Is there any reason why it had turned areas yellow, and how to fix it?

image.png

TOPICS
Bug , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View your PDF in Adobe Reader (or Acrobat). Many PDF readers don't view pages correctly, and it looks like you're viewing this in a web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the yellow areas exist on the original InDesign file? Some web browsers will ignore the PDF layer properties and show you all layers, even if they are turned off. If this is the case, you can Discard hidden layer content and flatten visible layers by optimizing the PDF in Acrobat (File> Save as other> Optimized PDF), The browser may also be trying to show form fields in the PDF?, select Discard all comments, forms and multimedia or try exporting as a print PDF (not interactive) from InDesign.

PDFs should be viewed with Acrobat or Reader with the view overprint preference set to Always.

discard hidden layers and forms.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have tried to upload it on to Acrobat, however it still shows the yellow areas on various pages. I have followed the steps you had told me to try and still no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you saying you opened your PDF in Acrobat? For that you would need a subscription to Acrobat or Adobe CC. Adobe Reader is free and works like Acrobat without many of the tools for editing PDFs and is an excellent PDF viewer. Can you show a new screen shot with your PDF open in Acrobat or Reader?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share the InDesign file? Or a part of it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines