Zapf Dingbats .ots ?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am looking for Zapf Dingbats with extension .ots
I have the .ttc which works well on a mac, but for the pc I need .ots
Could someone let me know where I could download this font?
Thanks,

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you get the information that you need an .ots file.

A web search for extensions shows that .ots is a spreadsheet template:

OTS File Extension - What is an .ots file and how do I open it?fileinfo.com › extension › ots

There are no references to that as a font file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The client graphist pointed to that. The story is that the Zapf Dingbats .ttf was sent by our client and it works fine with MAC.
What I wonder is if there is a version combatible with PC and the .ttf one is buggy on the pc. Also, do you know why it would work on the mac and not on the PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you need a cross platform font, use otf format. You can purchase licences for ITC Zapf Dingbats here:

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/adobe/itc-zapf-dingbats/medium/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and Thank you. Is there any free version of Zapf Dingbats in OTF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure this will work well across MAC/PC .TTC/.OTF. Since our client uses the .TTC version and we will be using .OTF on our PC's they need to recognize each other and be compatible with one another. Want to make sure before I buy the licence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before answering, I must point out that I am the same guy who answered previously (account problem, sorry).

If you want to work without any problem, it is absolutely mandatory that you and your client uses the same font format. So, you both need to use the OTF font.

TTC is Mac only (system font), and IMHO, any serious graphic designer should not use ANY system font, NEVER…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok you are right, but we are dealing with a very rigid client who will not change their ways. So I bought the ITC Zapf Dingbats, and put it in my machine, I was hoping it would be compatible with the TTC version, but apparently not (natively). Is there something I can do here to tell my pc that the TTC version is equivalent to the OTF version?

image_2021_01_14T18_20_12_373Z.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Au vu de la capture d'écran, je continue en français, ça va être plus facile. Je vais être politiquement incorrect : si un graphiste qui travaille sur Mac ne sait pas 

1. qu'il ne faut pas utiliser de polices système
  2. que la SEULE solution pour échanger des fichiers entre Mac et Windows est d'utiliser des OTF

Alors, la situation est sans espoir… Et non, on ne peut pas indiquer à Windows, ni à InDesign de substituer les TTC par leur équivalent OTF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voici ce que le SR a écrit quand nous en avons parlé.

En revanche on ne peut pas changer de version de notre côté : trop de risques par rapport à la photogravure, l'imprimeur...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Voici ce que le SR a écrit quand nous en avons parlé.

Je ne vois rien

Mais quelle est l'utilité de la Zapf Dingbats ? Je veux dire quel caractère utilisez-vous ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Les puces, les numéros de légende, les flèches de tourne...Ce que le SR disait c'est que changer de police est trop risqué par rapport photogravure/imprimeur...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ce qui risque d’arriver, c’est un problème de chasse, quoique avec des puces et des flèches de tourne…  mais il n’y a pas d'autre solution pour pouvoir ouvrir les fichiers sans problème sur un PC et sur un Mac.

En revanche, j’imagine que le photograveur a une version OTF de la Zapf. Quant à l’imprimeur, quelle importance ? Il reçoit des PDF, pas des natifs ?

Mais expliquez-moi : c’est la première fois que vous êtes confronté à ce problème ? Et qui (quel métier) travaille sur telle ou telle plateforme ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't you mean OTF – Open Type Font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines