Highlighted

Zine format indesign

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you format a double sided zine on letter paper in indesign? I am trying to have 2 pages per sheet of paper and I just got started with indesign, I can't find any helpful tutorials that show the formatting + printing process. 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by _Jongware_ | Most Valuable Participant

> I am trying to have 2 pages per sheet of paper

Don't do that part in InDesign.

Set up your document with facing pages, half the size of what you are going to print on. Only when printing (preferably from a PDF, from within Acrobat) set the printer to print two pages on every page of output. If you are not printing this yourself, don't mess with anything like 'spreads' or anything like that, save the document as standalone pages, in the regular order. A pro printer will take care of the rest.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Zine format indesign

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you format a double sided zine on letter paper in indesign? I am trying to have 2 pages per sheet of paper and I just got started with indesign, I can't find any helpful tutorials that show the formatting + printing process. 

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by _Jongware_ | Most Valuable Participant

Set up your document with facing pages, half the size of what you are going to print on. Only when printing (preferably from a PDF, from within Acrobat) set the printer to print two pages on every page of output. If you are not printing this yourself, don't mess with anything like 'spreads' or anything like that, save the document as standalone pages, in the regular order. A pro printer will take care of the rest.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2020 1