• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom Options missing from contextual menu (Right-clicking) in InDesign 2019

Explorer ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a minor nitpick, but I can't wrap my head around it. Sometimes when the Zoom tool is selected and I right-click, I get all the Zoom options listed in the menu that pops up—Zoom In, Zoom Out, Entire Pasteboard, etc—and sometimes not. Why is that? Why would the Zoom options not come up all the time? Is this a bug? I'm using CC 2019.

—Michael

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I checked on versions 2019, 2020 and 2021 and all are showing the same contextual menu.
        zoom ID.png

I would request if you could share a screenshot of the option you are getting. Also, please confirm which operating system you are working on. We're here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Shristi,

I think I might be getting a handle on it—it's something to do with switching to other tools and then switching back. When I first reloaded my file, I got the same menu as you, but once I'd edited the file a little with the Text tool and switched back to the Zoom icon, I got something completely different and the actual zoom option are gone. No matter what I do, I cannot get them back. As you can see below, the Zoom icon is selected, but the options are now something else.

The main thing I want to be able to do is easily center the entire pasteboard periodically, and that's what I like to use that Zoom right-click options menu for.

I'm using Windows 10.

—Michael

InDesign-Zoom Options 01.png

InDesign-Zoom Options 02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double-clicking the hand tool will fit and center the page, though not the entire pasteboard...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can also get the entire pasteboard with shift-ctrl-alt+0, but that seems very awkward for a shortcut. Maybe I can program my own.

—Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines