• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom percentages wrong for 4K display

Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I select the zoom percentage of 50% from the bottom left zoom level menu, I get 100% display, with 100% displaying at document title and 50% displaying at the bottom left. Similarly when selecting 25% from zoom menu, I get 50% for the document, while 25% at the zoom menu. Latest version 16.0 just installed today.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, like @Steve Werner said try restoring preferences. I'm on a 4k display and everything working fine with the last version of Id & Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences cleared, no change.

Display zoom percentages.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely related issue, when I open InDesign, the non-maximized window opens at twice the display size, i.e. at 8K resolution, so I have to drag it around from the titlebar to get to the edges to make it smaller.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interface problems are often cache related. Did you also delete your Caches folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The scale shown at the bottom of the window is not the same info as the view scale shown at the top. (That would be pointless, I guess). It's the measurement scale, which may be the same often, but might be different on 4K displays. Check out Image > Analysis > Set Measurement Scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out Image > Analysis > Set Measurement Scale

That’s Photoshop, with InDesign the view scale is always relative to print output—100% view equals Print Size. The view scale in the lower left corner and the titlebar should always match. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines