Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Zoom problem with 'publish online' Indesign file on mobile

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've got a problem with files Indesign that I export with "Publish online" : on mobile phone it's impossible to read because impossible to zoom on it ?!? Is it normal ? Is there any solution ?

Thanks a lot.

TOPICS
Bug , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

I just started to use this tool and what I did (this is not the perfect solution for mobile) is that I embedded my document on my site and disabled the fullscreen option. Width is 100% and height to what ever you prefer. I still hope they do serious improvments to this, because sometimes the embedded document freezes on mobile. I used Android and Chrome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. On Smartphones, it totally depends on the browser how it handles the content. For example, if I open a published document on Chrome on my android phone, I can not zoom on it but it works on Firefox.

Try changing your browser and see if helps.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your return, now I know! As it's to display the file by mail, it has to works on all browsers, so I have to send a pdf file, the pitty is we can have it in the mail body !

Thanks a lot, 

Best regards,

Adeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is kind of unacceptable. Essentially not usable on mobile as viewing tool for indesign publish online files. In android in the default Chrome browser, you can not zoom and the navigation bar disappears shortly after page load and then does not come back..

I have been forced to use a PDF document.

Is there any work being done to fix this bug? You should be able to zoom and change pages on mobile. Currently isnt working at all in mobile view.

Tested on Google Pixel 3a in Chrome under Android 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tested on Chrome in IOS and Safari in IOS and no issue. Seems to be related to Android Devices. essentially all android phones runnning default browser will not work with Published online documents from what i can see.. Really need an update on this 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know as well if this is being addressed. It makes publish online pretty useless for me if I know my Android users aren't going to be able to read it. 

Happening on a Moto G(7) Android 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

I have the same issue. I'm creating a slightly animated ebook and it works fine on ios (safari & chrome) but for android, the Chrome browser is not behaving well. The bar disappears and you can't swipe through the pages. We tested Firefox on a Google 2XL and that did work though!

Please fix this bug if possible.

Regards,

Claudia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2021 Jan 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Same issue here, but problem also on IOS mobile devices. Reasonably aimated file with several inscreen videos that all work together great across various desktop browsers, but on mobile devices no zoom, diffiult page transitions and am losing navigation if I rotate the phone landscape and back to portrait. Great product but def needs some finetuning for it to be a serious option for digital publishing. Hopefully we'll see improvements soon (??)

Leanne  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a resolution for these issues being worked on?

We completed extensive testing and have identified that these issues affect Chrome on Android devices, which accounts for a significant market share (~25%) of total web traffic.

The issues we have observed are as follows:

- Inability to navigate pages of Publications within Publish Online

- Inability to relaunch the navigation bar within Publish Online

This is a major bug that affects a large number of users. Can we get a timeline of when it is expected to be resolved please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still an issue and, as stated in previous comments, makes this tool unusable as it alienates a large section of our audience. Is this being looked into? Wanting to be able to zoom in on a document and change pages isn't a big ask in 2022. I've tested it on Oppo, Samsung and Motorola phones and all don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started to use this tool and what I did (this is not the perfect solution for mobile) is that I embedded my document on my site and disabled the fullscreen option. Width is 100% and height to what ever you prefer. I still hope they do serious improvments to this, because sometimes the embedded document freezes on mobile. I used Android and Chrome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @j.sarho ,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the suggestion, I am sure it will help other community members. Let me also assure you that, I'll share this feedback with the team and you can do that too by voting for this request https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/42737444-an... 

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions or suggestions.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines