Highlighted

Zoom Shortcut ("⌘" + "=") Not working

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop all updated to the latest 2020 versions. The "zoom-in shortcut"("⌘" + "=") works intermittently. When I shutdown and restart the computer it will work for a while and stop working without notice. I'm not sure if there is another program that also has this shortcut that may be vying for its use but I've never had this issue before. It is interesting because the "zoom-out shortcut" still works. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Zoom Shortcut ("⌘" + "=") Not working

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop all updated to the latest 2020 versions. The "zoom-in shortcut"("⌘" + "=") works intermittently. When I shutdown and restart the computer it will work for a while and stop working without notice. I'm not sure if there is another program that also has this shortcut that may be vying for its use but I've never had this issue before. It is interesting because the "zoom-out shortcut" still works. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug, How to, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 19, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several people where I work are seeing this (and not just in Adobe programs). Using ("⌘" + "keypad +") still seems to work for them. I have not found a reason for the problem, though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 2
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds good. I'll check and see if it's a Mac Catalina issue and report back!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same problem here with me and with coworkers. We are all on Mojave, not Catalina. Problem started last week in Photoshop for us, but then spread to other apps. Now it just started a few minutes ago on my macbook. Can't zoom on browsers or any of my audio apps anymore. Beyond frustrating, like losing a finger or something. Running Photoshop v21.1.0.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you're waiting to hear if this is a bug, try accessing the Zoom tool by either holding down the Z key and dragging, or (as I do) holding Command+Spacebar to zoom in or Command+Option+Spacebar to zoom out. This set of keyboard shortcuts works also in Photoshop and Illustrator. One caveat for Mac users: MacOS uses this same combination of keystrokes to invoke Spotlight. To disable Spotlight from using these keystrokes go to System Preferences and see my attached screen capture. Screen Shot 2020-02-19 at 4.34.52 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 19, 2020 2
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the Z + Drag tip, will make workflow much smoother for the time being. Hoping there is a fix for the Command + issue soon..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 22, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to add a +1 on this. Same issue here, exactly as @imattcgh has described. Super frustrating. Mac OS 10.15.3 and running Ps 20.0.08, Ai 23.1.1 and Id 14.0.3

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 25, 2020 3
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I'm up to date with the latest OS version (10.15.3) I'm having the problem accross all adobe products as well as chrome and finder. I've found that booting it up in safemode and then restarting solves the problem temporarily but it lasts until I open any adobe software. My colleague is having the same issue and she's working on a PC. Shes only having the issue in adobe software.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 26, 2020 2
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there already a solution for this problem? Having the same issues here..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 25, 2020 0