• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Editing GPS elevation => message box in infinite loop (LR 4.1 64bits Win FR)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2012 Jul 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 4.1 64 bits Windows - French
When editing the altitude (Elévation) in the GPS section of the Library (Bilbiothèque) panel, a message box appears saying "L'altitude doit être indiquée en mètres ou en pieds, ou rester vide". This modal message box is in a infinite loop (clicking OK relaunches the same message box) and this requires killing the Lightroom process using task manager.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
9 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 17, 2012 Jul 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot reproduce on English Windows.

Do you enter an integer number of a decimal? What decimal separator did you use?

Are you able to enter the latitude/longitude coordonates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problem with latitude/longitude, only with altitude

I have tried with decimal separator as '.' or ',' ; the problem is the same.

The value read from the picture file is displayed ok (ex. "39,6 m" or "39.6 m" depending on the separator I choose in windows language settings).
The problem appears when I click in the altitude edit box, then type enter or click elsewhere to exit the edit mode : the looping modal message box pops-up and I can do nothing but killing the process.

After new trials I have more precise information: the problem seems to occur only when there is a pre-filled unit (" m") in the edit box :
- If the altitude edit box is empty and I type eg. "10.0 m" or "10" or "10 m" then enter, the text becomes "10.0 m" and there is no message box
- if the altitude edit box is not empty (eg. already "10.0 m") and I click in the edit box to enter edit mode, then type enter or clock elsewhere to exit the edit mode (without modifying the existing text at all), the looping messagebox appears
- if the altitude edit box is not empty (eg. already "10.0 m") and I modify the value (ex. "11.2") without touching the existing " m" unit, then enter or click elsewhere, the looping messagebox appears
- if the altitude edit box is not empty (eg. already "10.0 m") and I modify the number (ex. "11.2"), removing the " m" unit (text becomes "11.2"), then enter or click elsewhere, the text turns automatically into "11.2 m" and everything is fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still cannot reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very reproducible on my computer.
Could anybody confirm on LR 4.1 French Windows version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2012 Aug 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no one? I have also this problem with the "Copy metadata" dialog box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2012 Sep 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom 4.1 I found a little bug. When I am inserting the metadata in the library and by accident fill the field Altitude (in Dutch hoogte). It gives a message that it only maybe filled in meters or feet. It is not possible to go out of this window, the program goes into a loop and the only way to get out of this loop is with ctrl-alt-del shutting down the program and restart it.
I get this error when I want to fill in the title and go by accident in the field Altitude.

It is not a big problem but it is annoying when it happens.

// Rene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2012 Sep 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to reproduce this problem as well (or at least a very similar problem) and I have entered the issue in our bug database.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2012 Sep 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if this is related to an SDK bug with very similar symptoms:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/30256...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This was fixed in Lightroom 5 and later.

Votes

Translate

Translate