• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon Tethered shooting improvements in v8.0

LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The speed of tethered shooting IS increased substantially... worthy of praise.  I'm shooting with a Canon 5DS-R.  Unfortunately a LONG standing bug involving time zone recognition remains.  That means I have to keep using EOS Utility shooting to a "watched" folder and then letting Lightroom's auto import take over in order to have files named correctly for my workflow.  I may be dreaming but even that workflow seems a bit faster than before.

The bug is that during tethered shooting the time zone is not accounted for when auto file renaming occurs; so the time in the file name is inaccurate by however many hours you are shifted away from GMT.  The time IS correct in metadata and files are named correctly if imported by other means... just not when shooting tethered.

Here's my original post from a couple of years ago.  It was merged into a similar lengthy thread of related Canon time zone issues on import:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/incorrect-time-based-filenames-when-shooting-...

Bob Smith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've added this thread to our open bug. One of our engineers may contact you for more information. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
With all of the recent updates and genuine improvements to tethered shooting... the bug described above that's been around for years... still remains.  Lightroom Classic 8.2, Mac OS 10.13.6, Canon 5DSR

Bob Smith

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines