Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Preview Thumbnails are Black

Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
Just did my first import....but after import finish in Library all previews/thumbnails show BLACK, see imagine. I have ReSync'd even Exit out then come back and Previews not showing. All other folders are OK, just not the NEW import. Checked with Actual folder on MAC Finder and these ok. Any ideas?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015
This issue should be corrected by the Lightroom CC 2015.3/6.3 which is available today.

Details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...

Fix for images that are already black:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/...

Votes

Translate

Translate
42 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Apply autotone settings in Preferences selected.

When I import files, Auto Tone sets Exposure to -5 and leaves the other settings at 0.

Manually clicking Auto Tone in the Develop module corrects everything.

Have I missed an important setting somewhere?

Windows 10
Lightroom CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Victoria - sorry I didn't find this thread before posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I have problems with thumbnails generation and photo viewing. First photo thumbnail is normal but then i have just black rectangle.
I can add important info. I think i found direct problem. I import from card my CR2 files. and if Preferences > Presets > Apply auto tone adjustments option is on, all my photos become black auto this “auto tone adjustment”. After i reseted all default Developer settings, i got my photos and they are normal as was expected. I thing there is a bug with this option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Lightroom was downloaded on to my iMac, when I load images into it they just turn black.I don't have that problem on my Macbook Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,
seit dem letzten Update von Lightroom CC werden meine importierten Fotos nur in schwarz dagestellt. Erst wenn ich die Fotos anklicke und auf automatische Tonwertkorrektur gehe, werden die Bilder angezeigt.
Wo liegt der Fehler?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 6.2 today. I work in a nightclub, and thus can have anywhere from 300-500 images per night, so I tend to let "Auto-tone" do a lot of the work for me. I have Lightroom set to apply auto-tone on import. When Lightroom imports my images (directly from my D610, for which my ACR is fully up to date), it adjusts the exposure all the way to the left, and no matter what I do, I can't get the images back. They stay completely black. I've dragged the exposure right up to the right and it did nothing. Another strange part of this is when I mouse over the histogram, the image is flat blue instead of flat black. I've tried enabling GPU acceleration and disabling it again, nothing, I've updated my display drivers, nothing. This is driving me insane and I have 580 images to process for the club for tomorrow morning. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue is xx.2 and xx.2.1 when using Auto Tone during Import.

Revert to xx.1.1 unless you have some new-camera dependency on xx.2+, and if you do then just Select All and click Auto after importing:

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started working with Lightroom. At first all went well. But now I have a problem with importing pictures. At first I can select the imported pictures but after that all the pictures turn into black. When I open the photo with photoshop I see it again. When I save the photo and go back to lightroom the photo is ok. What is going wrong when I import the pictures in Lightroom??

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uncheck the option Preferences > Presets > Apply Auto Tone Adustments and restart LR. Now import some more pics -- do they have this problem? See this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much. You have solved the problem for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I load the raw files lightroom program automatically turning what could have caused it to black

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visit this thread in your Web browser and read the previous reply and comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR CC(LR ver.6)
Whenever I import the photo files, after thumbnails are appeared, thumbnails are quickly changed black. After that, I cann't do any work with LR CC. I had LR CC several times, the symptom is always the same. If anyone knows the solution, please let me know the solution.

My e-mail address : danbyo@hanmail.net

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using LR CC(LR ver.6)
Whenever I import the photo files, after thumbnails are appeared, thumbnails are quickly changed black. After that, I cann't do any work with LR CC. I had remove & Re-install LR CC several times, the symptom is always the same. If anyone knows the solution, please let me know the solution.

My e-mail address : danbyo@hanmail.net

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect advice!

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This issue should be corrected by the Lightroom CC 2015.3/6.3 which is available today.

Details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...

Fix for images that are already black:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/...

Votes

Translate

Translate