• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right place for a bug report, if not could anyone direct me to the right place please.

Clicking develop module at top right from the Library module opens the photo with film strip and both side bars black empty spaces. Initial few times I had to quit and restart Lightroom but then discovered switching to grid view again and develop keyboard short cut, everything comes back.
RackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpgRackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017
Hi all,

As Simon and Jeff have already mentioned in this thread, please make sure your macOS is updated to at least macOS Sierra 10.12 and at least Lightroom Classic 7.0 or Lightroom 6.13.

The best combo to avoid this issue is being on macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Lightroom Classic 7.1 or Lightroom 6.13.

The team has worked pretty hard with Apple to get this issue to stop appearing with macOS Sierra 10.12 and macOS High Sierra 10.13. Improvements were made in 10.12 and iterated upon for 10.13.

If yo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017
Hi Steve,

As noted before, this is a bug introduced at the macOS level. Through collaboration with Apple, they have made a fix in the later version of the macOS update. So the right thing to do is to update to the more recent version of macOS when possible.

Having said that, Lr team have done our best to workaround this issue for the cases that we can reproduce for macOS 10.11.6. But there is a limit can Lr can do.

Hope you understand the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017
This should now work correctly in Lightroom CC2015.10/6.10 or later on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later. Don't hesitate to let us know if you see the issue again on the current macOS, and if you do, what triggers it.  Please update your system and let us know if you have any additional issues. 

Additional information on this update can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/04/lightroom-cc-2015-10-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 344 Replies 344
344 Comments
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm interested as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am interested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeffrey, I'm happy to test it out! Please add me to the list!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try it. I'm still having this issue with 2015.9..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2017 Mar 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd try anything to fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the Command+H shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Panels problem and am aware of the attempts to resolve it but I have a more annoying problem with LR Seizing up when I select multiple images and then attempt to select a different image or images.  There is no response in the application and I must go to Quit Lightroom to restart. If I use "Select None", the Navigator, Histogram and Quick Develop panels go black and LR remains unresponsive.  The same problem occurs if I attempt to remove multiple images from LR.

Mac Book Pro 2015, 16G, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB,

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 2015.9 and Sierra 10.12.3 - side panels sporadically will go black requiring closing and relaunching Lightroom Creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found another issue with Lightroom and I'd like to know if any of you experienced this??  

When I'm in the "Development" module, and doing adjustments in the "Basic" section, I have noticed that the first time I start doing adjustments nothing occurs, no changes are applied to my picture.  

I have to click on the "auto" button within the "Basic" section to "Reset" adjustements to their original point, and start over with modifying my adjustments in order for changes to actually take place!!!

Has anyone experienced this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found another issue with Lightroom and I'd like to know if any of you experienced this??  

When I'm in the "Development" module, and doing adjustments in the "Basic" section, I have noticed that the first time I start doing adjustments nothing occurs, no changes are applied to my picture.  

I have to click on the "auto" button within the "Basic" section to "Reset" adjustements to their original point, and start over with modifying my adjustments in order for changes to actually take place!!!

Has anyone experienced this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to try it - this has been driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm happy to try it - this has been driving me insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to try the beta. I get black panels almost daily. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try the beta.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me as well.  It started when I updated to version 2015.9. Never had this issue before. I have to quit LIghtroom and then reopen it to resolve the issue. I'm on a Mac Pro 3,1 with 14 GB ram.  OS 10.11.6 (El Capitan)  I've read that Adobe is hoping to fix this in the next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now, I'm doing what another user within this blog suggested witch is fast and works every time for me.  I right click on the Lightroom icon within the dock to "hide" and then do it again to "open" LR back up.  Very annoying, but funny enough it seems that after a few times of doing this, the issue doesn't occur as often, then again my perception might be warped!!!  Anyways, a quick trick until Adobe resolves this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you going to send us the beta invite soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ryan, the beta invites were sent out two weeks ago.  See Jeff Tranberry's post in this thread.  At that point we had enough users to test the beta build.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well did it fix the problem?  This is getting ridiculous.   I reported this problem over 3 months ago now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Lightroom CC 2015.8 is nearly unusable with the new MacBook Pro 15" 2016 model with maxed-out configuration (16GB Ram / 460 4GB GPU / 2.9 CPU). Most actions take anywhere from 1-3 seconds—most notable with brush tool and trying to move points on the curve.

I'm coming from a 2013 MacBook Air with a very simple discrete graphics card that ran the same photos much, much smoother. I also did a side-by-side comparison with a 2014 MacBook Pro 15" and it ran the same photos with ease.

I've tried updating to 10.12.2 beta, resetting NVRAM(PRAM) and SMC to no avail. No other apps running. I have a large amount of cache set. I've gone through the performance tips improvement on Adobe's website.

I've take the MacBook to the Apple store and they found nothing wrong other than saying it's a software issue. We confirmed this by booting into Safe-Mode and launched Lightroom; it ran MUCH faster and felt as expected (and that's even without graphics drivers running).

There are several other reports, two you can find here: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should now work correctly in Lightroom CC2015.10/6.10 or later on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later. Don't hesitate to let us know if you see the issue again on the current macOS, and if you do, what triggers it.  Please update your system and let us know if you have any additional issues. 

Additional information on this update can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/04/lightroom-cc-2015-10-now-available.html
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded 2015.10 and tried it.  It still seizes up when I attempt to remove multiple images and I have to completely shut down and restart.  The black panels problem  and the selection problems have not occurred in the short time I have used it.

Votes

Translate

Translate