• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop

Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2016 Sep 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the right place for a bug report, if not could anyone direct me to the right place please.

Clicking develop module at top right from the Library module opens the photo with film strip and both side bars black empty spaces. Initial few times I had to quit and restart Lightroom but then discovered switching to grid view again and develop keyboard short cut, everything comes back.
RackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpgRackMultipart20160925120518s3z-67767e8f-a774-4727-b759-11eddc593416-1834522346.jpg

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017
Hi all,

As Simon and Jeff have already mentioned in this thread, please make sure your macOS is updated to at least macOS Sierra 10.12 and at least Lightroom Classic 7.0 or Lightroom 6.13.

The best combo to avoid this issue is being on macOS High Sierra 10.13 and Lightroom Classic 7.1 or Lightroom 6.13.

The team has worked pretty hard with Apple to get this issue to stop appearing with macOS Sierra 10.12 and macOS High Sierra 10.13. Improvements were made in 10.12 and iterated upon for 10.13.

If yo...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017
Hi Steve,

As noted before, this is a bug introduced at the macOS level. Through collaboration with Apple, they have made a fix in the later version of the macOS update. So the right thing to do is to update to the more recent version of macOS when possible.

Having said that, Lr team have done our best to workaround this issue for the cases that we can reproduce for macOS 10.11.6. But there is a limit can Lr can do.

Hope you understand the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017
This should now work correctly in Lightroom CC2015.10/6.10 or later on macOS Sierra (10.12) or later. Don't hesitate to let us know if you see the issue again on the current macOS, and if you do, what triggers it.  Please update your system and let us know if you have any additional issues. 

Additional information on this update can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/04/lightroom-cc-2015-10-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 344 Replies 344
344 Comments
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shucks, side panels blacked out moving from web to develop. Very disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to LR 7.3 ...faster a bit, was working fine ...I thought ....Great! They fixed it....then BLACKED OUT PANELS AGAIN!!!!!!!! then slowly started happening more and more. So.....LR TEAM what the heck are you going to do!????? El Capitan, 10.11.6 (heard it was worse in HighSierra), LR 7.3, Camera Raw 10.3.  ALSO...FYI..... happens when you mouse click in LR ....using "D" key to go to develop mode or arrow keys to go to next frame works fine....MOUSE CLICKS are what is doing it!!!! Dang....FIX IT!!!!!!! ....worse thing to do is blame it on Apple!!! Cop out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Melissa, FORK these comments to the higher ups and get something done!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well Melissa, FORK these comments to the higher ups and get something done!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy Charnas and Thomas Postel please contact me at..... rotophoto@gmail.com. This is a secondary email than my main one just in case of spammers. Please send me info or I will send you my phone on a return email to discus this and how we possibly can get a conference call w/Adobe! Capture 1 is looking better all the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These blacked out panels indicate a video problem.  I have the latest version of LR and High Sierra.  I have never experienced this issue on any version of LR and on any previous versions of the operating system.  So, IMO the problem is not with LR and not with high Sierra. "heard it was worse in HighSierra" is hearsay from likely unreliable sources on the web. Unless you have seen the problem on High Sierra with your own eyes, this is not a reliable statement.  Upgrading your OS to 10.13.4 might just very well fix your issue.  Your operating system is 2 years out of date.  In computer terms this is practically antediluvian.

Now lets look at your problem as a hardware problem on YOUR machine.  That it happens with a mouse click also suggests  a video problem.  Are you using a 3rd party mouse?  If so is the driver up to date on your Mac?

Which Video card?  How much VRAM?  Is the GPU a supported GPU in LR?   How much RAM do you have installed?  How much free space on the Primary drive for Working storage?  Is you video card failing?   If you Mac looked like mine, I don't see how you could be having an issue.  Certainly not an issue that you can blame on Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That must mean a lot of people I know have video problems. Professional commercial photographers with different machines. I am also not the only one with this problem on here! Mac user since 1985...... not one other problem with a very good machine... photoshop also working fantastic, camera raw stand alone ....not one problem!
24gb ram, 2x2.4 ghz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processor, ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024mb,
L2 Cache 256kb per core, L3 Cache 12 mb per processor.... apple wireless mouse, 150 GB free on main HD, 1.5 TB free on scratch disk. Video card not failing... no other problems on this machine. Also remember what I posted...this has been going on for almost 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Until you are willing to rule out the hardware and operating system version as a cause, you can't say it is Adobe's fault.  Consider the fact that there are more people running LR Classic and High Sierra that don't have the problem and you will have to agree that there are differences that are unique to your environment that are causing the problem. If everyone running Lightroom on MacOS had your problem that I would say that you have a case.  Because they don't, you need to figure out what is different in your setup that makes this issue occur.I volunteer support at Lightroomforums.net and have resolved many similar complaints by solving the video mouse driver problem.   A corrupt color profile for your monitor is also a candidate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Run new profiles every month (with Spectraview for 2690wuxi monitor) software and have also done (compared) EyeOne software with EyeOne puck. I also would consider many other options but with not one other thing happening on a power used computer.....no other problems. Also looking at some of your posts....you seem to have other problems that I didn't have...... strange!!! many things do happen to other users that don't happen to you...kind of like getting a car that is a lemon or has problems that someone else dosen't have! I am not a dummy when it comes to Mac Issues.... have done tests on video card performance and disk utilities test, disk warrior tests, permissions tests, cache tests, , etc,etc......as far as people running High Sierra ...look back and there are people that have switched and are far worse off! ..Also when it comes to whether or not I should or shouldn't listen to someone with the same problem......or not....if they are wrong ....why should I listen to you???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"....why should I listen to you???"  You re right.  There are a lot of talking heads on the internet. Everybody is an expert. If you want to dig a little deeper in to my posting here, you will find that with few exceptions, they are responses to other people with other problems. The other were legitimate LR bugs that can be documented and are repeatable on other hardware.  The difference between me and those people with your problem is that I have a reputation for solving LR problems. (Over 13,000 posts at Lightroomforums.net) They most likely don't have a reputation for solving LR problems. 
This forum is not IMO the menu for solving an individual's computer problems that show up with LR. It takes a lot of back and forth and trial and error to isolate a problem like yours.  While I think I can eventually identify your problem, I can not change your attitude. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> El Capitan, 10.11.6 (heard it was worse in HighSierra), LR 7.3, Camera Raw 10.3

It's not worse on High Sierra. It's a conflict with El Capitan. It's solved on High Sierra. Adobe worked with Apple to get it fixed. If you can upgrade to High Sierra, you can save yourself a lot of heartache. Bear in mind that El Capitan will drop off the supported list later this year, so you'd need to upgrade then anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 7.4 Classic CC on a Mac running El Captain and have noticed that while working within LR every single side panel will go black.  They're not collapsed, they just lose all of their content.  The only thing shown is the image (as if you hit lights out, but not really because some borders are still there)

I know this was a bug two years ago.  I'm wondering if it's unique to me or if others are experiencing it too and it's back?  It's frustrating because I have to minimize and restore LR to get them back, and while they're gone I can't navigate to another photo, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is Macos 10.11 (El Capitan): see the official Adobe replies at the top of this topic: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs?topic-r...

Even though Adobe's system requirements say Macos 10.11 (El Capitan) or later, it doesn't appear there is a solution for this bug other than to upgrade to a later version of Macos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My hardware does not allow me to upgrade past El Capitan, so I'm stuck. The workaround I'm using is to shrink the window (not minimize) when I'm not using LR. It's not optimal but it is functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been having that issue randomly on my ex-macpro 5.1 macosx 10.11.6
It's completely absurd and it can be dealt by disabling GPU acceleration. Yet, this is almost a stupid solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2018 Jun 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR is tripping over a bug in Macos 10.11. The only reliable solution is to upgrade to 10.12 or 10.13.  See the official reply: 
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-2015-7-in-macos-sierra-bugs?topic-r...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My first post here....hopefully this thread is still active.  I'm experiencing the same issue.....I'm running Mojave 10.14.4 and Lightroom Classic 8.2.1.  Everything is fine until I minimize Lightroom.  When I maximize the panels are black.

Has anyone experienced the same with the same configuration??

Thanks

RG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Started after recent updates of Mojave 10.14.5 and LR Classic 8.3.1. Never experienced before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Had this problem about a year ago and it has re-emerged in last few days. Software up to date. Mojave 10.14.5 Lightroom Classic 8.3.1  Build 201905241238-dcd7e2de. Generally need to close and re-open to get them back.

Votes

Translate

Translate