• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Cannot access Auto Import Settings from File menu

LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing 2015.8, I can no longer access Auto Import Settings from the File menu.  Is this a new bug?

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017
This issue should be fixed in Lightroom CC2015.10/6.10.  Please update your system and let us know if you have any additional issues. 

Additional information on this update can be found here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/04/lightroom-cc-2015-10-now-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 132 Replies 132
132 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue, with a slight difference I haven't seen noted.

I can't access the auto-import settings dialog (when menu item is selected, nothing happens).

I can enable/disable auto-import from the menu.

Auto import starts and imports a few images from my old defined auto-import folder, but only some of the images successfully import. After importing a handful of images, import seemingly stops or hangs. The import Library is still named "Current Import" (not "Previous Import") so it seems like Lightroom is still trying to import, but it doesn't complete. 

Mac OS 10.11.6
Lightroom CC 2015.8 build 1099473

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strangely, auto-import is now working again, but I still cannot access the settings to change the folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Running Win 10 64-bit. When selecting "Auto Import Settings..." getting error message: Unexpected error performing command: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value. This occurs In my "Working Catalog" (call it Catalog A).

WORKAROUND
I noticed my other, "Storage" Catalog (call it Catalog B) does not have this error. As a work around, I created a new LR catalog from Catalog A using the LR File > Export as Catalog function. The error went away in the newly created (exported) Catalog.

I am now able to configure my "Auto Import Settings..." again while retaining all the image Previews, custom Collections, disk drive locations that existed in my original Catalog A.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An interesting work-around, Ted.  I will add that information to the report. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me until I opened auto import settings again. Then I got the error message Unexpected error performing command: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value also for the new catalog. I'm using custom file naming: YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS-Image sequence #00001, so perhaps 2015.8 doesn't like something in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any new information?  i spent very frustrating day with adobe support - nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. Mac 10.11.6, Lightroom CC 6.8. Auto Import is working but can't open Auto Import Settings dialog box. Nothing happens, not even an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any indication as to when this might be fixed? It's driving me crazy. Has any one had any experience with the On1 software? I'm looking  for alternatives as this is becoming  unworkable for me. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Mac 10.11.6 running LR 2015.8 release. Same thing happens. I shoot tethered almost every day and cannot access the Import Settings. Each new capture gets picked up from the watch folder and deposited into the job folder from January 18, the last day Import Settings worked for me. It comes in with the keywords, file naming and metadata preset from that Jan 18 job. At the end of the job I rewrite the keywords, rename the files and drag them into a new, manually named job folder. It's a real pain and I hope it gets resolved soon. I'm happy to learn from this thread that it seems to be getting some attention. Thank you Victoria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, last version of Lightroom on Windows10. And it is auto-importing renaming files with wrong suffixs... 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months and still no fix! Come on Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree... very frustrating. It can't be that hard to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is they have a fix but they are just waiting to issue an update to fix this and many other current issues at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't remember if I answered this before; apologies if I did.  Yes, I tried it. didn't work. Monumental pain in the a-- to re configure everything.  I also tried creating a new catalogue and importing the old catalogue into it.  Problem solved, for 1 minute.  
as soon as I made changes and closed the window then re-openend it to make further changes the same problem cropped up. Locked up again. Cannot make changes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Naveen, Oscar, I couldn't agree more. I am out there on locations slogging it out literally every week day and this bug is a major impediment to my work flow. Come on Adobe. Get your app together so we can maintain our productivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they have a fix we need them to release it. This is really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! What's most galling: I got the watched folder working perfectly this morning, saw the 6.8 upgrade offered at lunchtime, upgraded, and the whole thing is stuffed this afternoon! I am going to try a return to a recent restore point before de-installing/re-installing altogether but c'mon Adobe! Where's the patch?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked around this by un-installing LR and re-installing the previous version. Will wait for official fix...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! I'm having the same problem. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work on Sierra for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem - any sign of a fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue in 10.12.3. I can get the auto import settings... window to open in a new catalog once but if I try to reopen it to switch destinations I cannot access the window. I tried resetting the preferences and now I can't even enable auto import and the settings window will not appear. This is a MAJOR problem for me.  When is the fix coming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reverted back to the previous update (6.7,2015.7) and everything is working properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2 months now. anything yet? oops - i mean 3 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2017 Feb 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Soon" is as much as anyone can say. Hold that thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate