• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: can not create 16 bit tiff files for Edit In

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 4.1 RC refuses to create 16 bit tiff files for Edit In function. I tried both Preferences - External Editing and set bit depth to 16 in the additional external editor section. When I reopen Preferences it has reverted to 8 bit. If I select 16 bit from the "Edit Photo with" dialog after selecting Edit In, it still creates an 8 bit tiff file for the external editor. The external editor I am using is Topaz Labs.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017
This was saved in Lightroom 4.3 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
3 Comments
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might try renaming your preferences file and letting Lightroom build a new one.

1. Close Lightroom
2. Locate the preferences file rename it. http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/p...
3. Reopen Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion.
I renamed the preferences file, then opened LR and set up my external editing preferences again. I closed and re-opened LR to check what had been saved. I had set: application, color space, bit depth and compression. All settings were remembered except bit depth that had reverted to 8 bits. It looks like the settings dialog is just not storing the 16 bit selection.
In desparation I tried manually editing the preferences file, found externalEditingFormat="TIFF_None_8_ProPhotoRGB" and replaced the 8 with 16. When I reopened LR it then showed 16 in the external editing preferences and it did actually create a 16 bit file when I tried Edit In.
That was way too hard, but I can get by until the bugs get fixed. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This was saved in Lightroom 4.3 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate