• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: User Develop Presets discarded after upgrade

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2013 Jun 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All user develop profiles were deleted when upgrading. I also notice that the LR presets are no longer in the folder. Settings are for presets to be stored with Catalog

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

I am able to partly reproduce this problem. The problem is that after upgrading, the preference "Store presets with this catalog" has become unchecked. This means that Lightroom is looking for presets at the default system location, instead of looking for them next to the catalog. In my case, however, the presets have not disappeared, they're still on disc, Lightroom just isn't looking for them in the right place. So, it's easy to fix by telling Lightroom to look in the right place.

Try this: go to preferences in Lightroom, and switch to the "Presets" tab, and check the "Store presets with this catalog" checkbox. Then see if your presets show up correctly in the Lightroom interface. If the checkbox was already checked, then try unchecking it to see if that makes a difference.

If checking (or unchecking) the preference doesn't make the presets show up correctly, then the presets may have actually gone missing somehow. I'm not able to reproduce that problem, but I will investigate further if my suggestion doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

The check box is checked correctly. Unchecking and rechecking makes no difference. The 'new' Presets folder is empty - including the Develop/Lightroom Presets folder, though they appear in the correct place in LR. It seems that nothing was copied across from the 'old' folders.

See also my note on the EditIn presets in a separate bug report.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

I believe that your screenshot reveals the problem. It looks like you moved the upgraded catalog to a new location (by default, the upgraded catalog would appear next to the old catalog, and would therefore have seen the old "Lightroom Settings" folder).

So, to fix this issue: throw out the new "Lightroom Settings" folder. Then copy the old "Lightroom Settings" folder over to where the new one currently resides (i.e., next to MacBookCatalog5.lrcat). That should solve the problem.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ben,

I have upgraded both my laptop and my notebook (the shot I attached is the latter). In neither case was the updated catalog placed alongside the old. I didn't consciously change the location, simply accepted the offered default (without checking well enough!).

Even if I had chosen a new location (a reasonable enough thing to do), the presets SHOULD be correctly transferred.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Graham,

Let me make sure I understand the situation correctly. You upgraded the catalog called "MacBookCatalog.lrcat" located at:

Macintosh HD>Users>graham>Pictures>Lightroom

The normal behavior when upgrading the catalog would be for Lightroom to create a new catalog called "MacBookCatalog-2.lrcat" located at the same path. But instead, all by itself, Lightroom created a new folder called MacBookCatalog5, and moved the newly created catalog, called MacBookCatalog5.lrcat into this new folder?

Also, you neglected to mention whether or not my suggestion solved the problem for you.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Let me make sure I understand the situation correctly. You upgraded the catalog called "MacBookCatalog.lrcat" located at:

Macintosh HD>Users>graham>Pictures>Lightroom"
I think I se what I did. In changing the name to Catalog5, I THOUGHT I was renaming the FILE, it looks like I name a new folder AND the catalog file.

Nonetheless, shouldn't the presets have been copied over as well?

Copying the old presets to the new location does resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Nonetheless, shouldn't the presets have been copied over as well?"

If you start manually moving or renaming things on disk, all bets are off. :-)

"Copying the old presets to the new location does resolve the problem."

Glad to hear it!

-Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2013 Jun 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I followed the directions and my presets came into Lightroom. But the presets do nothing. Is it because I upgrade from LR3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben, I didn't 'manually move or copy' I typed the new name into the dialog box as part of the conversion dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my presets are missing as well. I am a of user. Upgrades to lightroom 5 computer crashed after redownloading it the presets have disappeared. How do I fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2014 Dec 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELP! I am not sure this is the message post to ask the question, but I recently uninstalled LR5.7 and reinstalled in on my Macbookpro computer. When I import a photo, the photo is at least two stops overexposed upon entering the Library....i.e. folder. What can I do. I did not set up anything in the settings at all. I dare not try until I get help. HELP 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2014 Dec 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is a great conversation that's separate from the main one, so I created a new conversation to continue the discussion.

Please reference the new conversation here: Lightroom: Imported photo is at least two stops overexposed after reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate