• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem when viewing images and video full screen (F key related)

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2015 Apr 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6. (Standalone) W8.1 Pro. Hp, intel i7 3.3 16g mem.

1. Pressing F locks lightroom in full screen. Only way is out is using task manager to close lightroom. Tested on two different computers, same results.

2: Playing video in full screen mode, locks up lightroom, video does not scale correctly. Test on two computers same results.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015
This is fixed (again) in Lightroom 6.3, which is now available.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
73 Comments
New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem of the full screen mode locking up after upgrading to lightroom cc 2015. Its incredibly frustrating. I have to use task manager to get out. I have a dell xps 14z with windows 7 home. Intel core i7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the same on the Mac - I'm running quite an old machine (iMac from 2008), but it's up to using Lightroom. Every now and then I'm able to get out by pressing a key (sometimes even pressing 'F' again works), but most of the time have to force quit Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing to try: Alt-Tab (Windows) or Cmd-Tab (Mac) to switch out of LR. That sometimes pokes recalcitrant programs.

I suspect this problem is specific to a subset of particular configurations, which means it will be harder for Adobe to reproduce and fix. Can you post a full-resolution screenshot of the LR window immediately before hitting F and LR getting stuck? That might provide clues about how to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so mine is fixed now. After installing LR CC 2015 i continually had this problem. Then I tried to edit something in photoshop and was prompted to update ACR. After doing that problem was gone. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on my iMac, latest OSX and LR 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you reliably reproduce this? If so, can you post a full-resolution screenshot of the screen just before you type "F"? That might help others reproduce the problem, which in turn will make it more likely Adobe will address the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 12, 2015 May 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem and when it happens nothing works, I have to close Lightroom and start again, very frustrating indeed. I did not have this problem with Lightroom 5.

I am trying now a solution for Lightroom 5 which I found on the internet this morning, and here it is: after quitting LR press Shift + F after re-opening LR. I tested it and it seems to work so far, what I don't know is if I have to press press Shift + F every time I start LR?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 22, 2015 May 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on Macbook Pro 2013 model, Lightroom CC. Reliably can recreate the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a long thread about a similar problem in LR 5. Not clear that it's the same problem, but you might try some of the proposed solutions discussed there:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lightroom CC on a Windows 7 computer with 8 GB RAM. When I first installed CC I found that full-screen would not revert back to normal display in the Develop module. But I found that there were no problems reverting if I used full-screen in the library module. However, as time has passed, I'm finding that I can revert from full-screen most of the time now even in the develop module. I don't have a GPU, just integrated graphics. The full-screen feature in develop model is the only feature that has seemed sluggish at all for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never saw it mentioned here, but I (under Windows) always use Esc to get out of Fullscreen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I have this issue also. It is reliably reproducible when in the develop module, and the spot heal/clone tool is selected. None of the other tools in the row trigger this problem.
I have tested it on two computers. This is a serious bug that needs to be addressed, it's messing with my workflow!

(One can get around it by unselecting the tool before going full screen, but that's a pain if you have a lot of spot removal to do and want to check your progress as you go, like when you are processing a suite of shots of a puppy playing outside, like I am now.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2015 Jun 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop module, select heal/clone tool, press "F", it locks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2015 Jun 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I have this issue also. It is reliably reproducible when in the develop module, and the spot heal/clone tool is selected. Now that I understand that it's when I use the spot tool it happens. It just happened again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2015 Jun 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the same problem. This problem did not occur in Lightroom 5. See my post below on how to reproduce this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed Lightroom CC (2015) and problem persists. MacBook Pro 15 Retina with all updates installed. Select Spot Removal, Adjustment Brush on just about any adjustment, press F (or Shift-F) and you can not exit out of full screen. I've tried every solution documented without success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that without success...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am able to reproduce the full screen problem when the Spot Heal tool is selected. I've reported the issue to the engineers.

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any Idea Ben when this will be fixed. This is very annoying. I try to make sure that the spot heal tool is not in use when going into full screen but forget sometimes and have to restart Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't hold your breath, Ken. It's been going on for months if not years...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to drive me mad. I start to import images and then start working on a picture go into full screen mode and it won't come out of it. I have to wait to do anything until pictures imported and the force quite program. Stop the insanity.........

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well thats great Ben ..When will it be fixed? This is something that must be driving people mad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Second that from Ken, let's have this fixed asap

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem really sucks for a new comer who is just trying to learn.

Votes

Translate

Translate