• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Problem with map module (Windows)

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2016 Dec 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing a problem with the Map Module becoming non-functional. This issue is new with version 6.8.

Reproduction steps are:

1. Switch to Map module. Notice that everything works as usual - Selecting photos with GPS jumps to that location on the map. Dragging photos onto the map sets GPS coords. Right-clicking on map shows "Add GPS coordinates to Selected Photos" option.

2. Click the Google logo in the bottom-left of the map. This used to open the current Google Maps view in the default browser. Now it opens the view in its own window.

3. Notice that the map module no longer works as usual. Selecting photos does not cause the map to jump to their location. Dragging photos onto the map has no effect. There is no right-click menu. Changing to a different module and back does not help. Lightroom must be closed and re-opened to restore functionality.

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

As a side note, I much preferred it when Google Maps opened in the default browser, with all its powerful options for duplicating tabs and searching. I happen to use this a lot, as I am working through identifying locations for thousands of old photos. The new window has very limited options, and I wonder why this decision was taken? Would it be possible to bring back an option to open the current map view in the default browser?

Thanks,
Tom

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017
Adobe released Lightroom 6.9/CC2015.9 today.

This issue should be corrected in this release. Please give it a try and let us know if you see any further issues. 

Complete information about this update can be found at the Lightroom Journal: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the kbsc [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ]  to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can acc...

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce this software behavior. Windows 10, Chrome is Default Browser.

Initially LR opened a small window with no address bar and presented a Google Maps. After following the steps laid out Nothing opened. I switched the default browser to Microsoft Edge and the same behavior .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tested on macOS Sierra, Firefox as browser by default, whenever I click on the Google logo,
 the map opens in a new tab in the browser.

Item 1 it's ok
Item 2 it's ok
Item 3 Selecting photos cause the map to jump to their location, it's ok.
 - Dragging photos onto the map, define GPS coord. for the point and write the coord. in the GPS field, it's ok
No change with before the update.
Yves Crausaz, Suisse, retraité actif dans le monde de la photo et des arts graphiques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I just tested on macOS and Safari. I cannot reproduce this behavior. I will ask someone from our team with Windows 10 to try to reproduce.

Tom and David, would you be able to post your full System Info as replies to this post? (Help > System Info > Copy or Save As)

Let me know if there are other details that pop up that might be relevant.
Melissa
Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue on Windows 10 (that had a major update today).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melissa,

Thanks for replying. I should have mentioned that I am on Windows 10. I have copied some system info below. From the other replies, it looks like the issue might only affect the Windows version.

Many thanks,
Tom

Lightroom version: 6.8 [ 1099473 ]License: Perpetual
Operating system: Windows 10
Version: 10.0
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3.3 GHz
Built-in memory: 16366.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16366.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 615.0 MB (3.7%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 612.5 MB
Memory cache size: 252.7 MB
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 8
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080, 2) 1080x1920
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info: 
GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2

Check OpenGL support: Passed
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 376.19
Renderer: GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
LanguageVersion: 3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to duplicate this on Windows 10 with Chrome as the default browser. 
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2016 Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed two things in Windows 10.

1. When you click the Google logo in the bottom-left of the map, it opens the view in its own window.
2. When you select a picture from the filmstrip and right click on the map and choose the option " Add GPS Coordinates to selected photos" , the metadata panel says No photo selected.

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mohit,

" Add GPS Coordinates to selected photos" functionality works with tracklogs. The way the functionality works is, when you have a tracklog, Lightroom will match the CaptureTime of the images with the Time and GPS position in the tracklog, and assign the GPS info accordingly.

Thanks,
Smit 

Smit | Lightroom Classic Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Smit, 

Thanks for the update.

What I am trying say is, when I select one or two images from the filmstrip and right click on the map and choose the option " Add GPS Coordinates to selected photos", It deselect those images own its own and that's why the metadata panel says No photo selected and it works just fine in Mac OS sierra.

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe released Lightroom 6.9/CC2015.9 today.

This issue should be corrected in this release. Please give it a try and let us know if you see any further issues. 

Complete information about this update can be found at the Lightroom Journal: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lightroom-cc-2015-9-now-available.html

If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, you can use the kbsc [Cmd/Ctrl]+[Opt/Alt]+[ R ]  to refresh your app. If you are a perpetual license holder, you can access the update via Help>Updates...

Refer to this for any installation issues: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/keeping-lightroom-up-to-date.html#lrcc2015
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rikk,

Many thanks for that. Glad to confirm that the map module once again behaves correctly after this update. Big thanks to everyone involved!

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate