• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bleeding color with Healing Tool

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to 9.3 this morning. Healing aspect of spot removal tool now has bleeding in many previously edited pictures which did not previously have bleeding -- what was before a clean background with spots removed now has ugly bleeding of color, and I can't use the healing tool properly in new edits either -- bleeds result.   What can I do to fix this -- I am pretty concerned, this has affected many photos.  Thanks.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Greetings,

Updates for the Adobe Photography Products were officially released on 10.20.2020 that include fixes for this issue. Please install the most recent update and confirm that your issue is now fixed. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 101 Replies 101
101 Comments
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switching from heal to clone helped. But the non-backwards-compatible change is concerning. How many more of my previously edited images will suffer from this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I immediately noticed that images I had edited years ago are being affected when I pull them up for a new export because the software is re-rendering them from the XMP. 
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on 10.15.4. This has to be a recent change in Lr software independent from OS. 
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here: it acts as there would be some pixels outside of image border - it "destroyed" my edits I did in pre-9.3 version - it was "plain white" instead of a strange gradient:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Konrad, if on Windows, ensure that the display settings are set to the defaults for resolution and scaling. Choosing other settings is the only time I've seen this problem on Windows 10.

Just checked some Fuji S2 Pro (jpeg) images with 48 spots removed with 9.2, no issues. Removed a couple additional spots with 9.3.
Also no issues.

D300S & D200 DNG's edited prior to 9.3, also no problems. D200 NEF, fine. Fuji X-T3 RAF OK too. Olympus EM1 ORF files display correctly too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I have those photos synced with the adobe cloud and I noticed the problem on my LR Mobile first, as I was checking if model was doing any new picks/comments - I believe there was also LR Mobile update simultaneously. When I checked on desktop LR (after 9.3 update) the problem appeared, I tried to re-edit and sadly confirmed above behavior...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reported this issue for Lr Classic 4-5 months ago (thread link below)... not sure what version we were on then (I keep it updated and current), but it was definitely happening back then, albeit seemingly intermittent at that time. The issue *seems* to be happening even more consistently now. 

It's really a large detriment to my editing; I use spot healing along the edge of images constantly to clean them up!  Do we know if Adobe is working on this?  Thank you!

Here's my thread:  https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/spot-removal-bug?utm_source=notification&utm_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bill, this has nothing to do with Windows or display settings. It is a stuffup by the software development team and they need to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, you broke Lightroom, we're all still paying for it, maybe fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michael DeMaria "Do we know if Adobe is working on this?" 

If you look at the top of any thread in this forum you will see a status. This thread is marked as "Acknowledged" meaning it has been repeated by Adobe staff and had a bug filed for a fix in an upcoming version. Note: this fix will be coming from ACR as it is a bug in the underlying engine and affects Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and Lightroom Ecosystem. 

So, it is possible to tell on any post here what its status is at the current time.  Also see: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/getting-the-most-from-this-forum-reporting-bu...
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@anthony Blackett: Engineering is asking for the original raw file with edits (DNG or raw+xmp) for the example you gave me. Can you provide this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Deleted User Flohr,

Not sure why the JPG image provided is insufficient. I don't have a RAW or DNG for this exact image because I added the artificial spots in Photoshop for testing purposes.

Nevertheless, here is a link to download the DNG (converted from original NEF) shown below in a screen shot as another example image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j851dnx4oqcrvn/DSC_0188.DNG?dl=0

The only Develop processing done and saved to the DNG is to use the Spot Removal Tool in Heal mode to remove indicated tree branches on the left and right sides of the image.

When this DNG is imported in LrC 9.2.1, the healing is as expected.

When it is imported into LrC 9.3, the healing is a mess.

Looking forward to an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've attached this to the bug report. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to post this exact scenario.  I used to be able to remove the black umbrella if it crept in to the frame with Spot Removal (Heal) but now I cannot.  This is new behavior for Lightroom Classic.  I'm on 9.3.

As a workaround, I use Spot Removal (Clone) first then a second removal using Heal to blend the edge.  It's a lot more work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just submitted an idea that would be solved with a "constrain to image" or not option about whether the spot removal could pull source material from cropped out areas with the same texture/colour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this point, Lr is unusable due to this. There's so much minor cleanup I do as a matter of practice on all of my portraits and commercial interiors. I'm now seeing not just edge effect issues but also just straight up simple clone/heal issues. I'm seeing ghosting of the clone/heal over the area being fixed where the source is something simple like the sky. Opacity is set to 100%. 

[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone commented earlier today that Lr is unusable now because of this issue.  I'm not sure where their comment went, I'm either missing it here or perhaps they removed it.  But I agree completely - I am unable to finish a critical percentage of images for my work because of this issue.  So what little work I have, thanks to the pandemic, is now crippled by this issue.  Thus, this has become much more than just a mere inconvenience.  I wonder if Adobe realizes just how much this particular issue affects it's users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was me. I learned that the issue I ran into was a collision between the color-masked adjustments and the clone/heal. LR doesn't handle it well, but it's sort of a different issue than this edge effect issue. 

The collision is when you pull a gradient in the sky, choose the color picker for the blue, then make adjustments for that masked area. Using clone/heal in that area leads to unpredictable results.
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, why don't you revert to version 9.2.1? It's really easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question Alexander!  But when was 9.3 released?  (And/or maybe I should ask, when was *any* version later than 9.2.1 released?)  Because I first noticed & reported this issue over 5 months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael, LrC 9.3 was released 15 June 2020. Again, this bug in 9.3's Spot Healing on the uncropped image edge is not the same bug that you had reported over 5 months ago. LrC 9.2.1 doesn't have this problem. The mess was introduced in LrC 9.3, making what was possibly slightly buggy considerably worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another update was released recently but still this hasn't been fixed, Rikk, can you tell us what is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No updates to Camera Raw and by extension, the Lightroom clients who use Camera Raw have been released since this issue was introduced. When it is, this thread will be updated.  Please see my post from 4 weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know a guy who has access to the RC version of the 9.4 update (that same build will probably be released sometime next week), so I forwarded him the sample DNG from Anthony Blackett. Unfortunately results are the same as in 9.3 (what a surprise...)
So it can go 3 ways:
 - could be fixed in a couple of weeks with v9.4.1 if issue is escalated enough
 - could be fixed in v10 (October-November)
 - or they will just say 'this is the new tool behaviour, deal with it'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2020 Aug 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downgraded to 9.2.1 and spot healing is working as expected again. Now I have to remember which photos I re-exported after upgrading to 9.3 as I'll need to go re-re-export them with 9.2.1 to fix them.

Votes

Translate

Translate