• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Nikon D4/D800 nef file cannot be imported

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

made a bunch of photos with the new nikon d800. 2 out of 14 nef files cannot be imported with lightroom 4 while the other 12 import fine.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012
To be specific: still pictures taken in the Live View "Video Mode" cannot be imported into Lr 4.0. However, still pictures taken in the regular ("Stills") Live View mode can be imported fine. And of course, pictures taken in regular shooting mode (not Live View) can also be imported fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012
I believe what you have is a known issue. If you shoot stills in live view video mode, those NEFs will not import. We are working on a fix for this problem. Thank you for taking the time to report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
30 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me more about the files that did not import? What settings did you use? Where you in video mode when you shot these files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well i did some demo shots at my local dealer. changed iso level from 800 up to max. and did that with d4 and d800. after that i took 2 videos with each camera.

now at home i tried to import all pictures. all pictures and videos taken with d4 import well. the 2 videos from d800 import well too, but 2 picture from d800 don't.

the videos have an extension .mov so i can say that the problematic files are pictures.

i just remember that i tried a litte to find out how to start video. i changed to "Q"-mode, and i changed to liveview. maybe these 2 pictures where taken with one of those options on.

do you want to see one of those files?

the error is:

Die Dateien stammen aus einer Kamera, die von der RAW-Formatunterstützung in Lightroom nicht erkannt wurde. (2)
DSC_0490.NEF
DSC_0491.NEF

there's also no preview availabe in import dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe what you have is a known issue. If you shoot stills in live view video mode, those NEFs will not import. We are working on a fix for this problem. Thank you for taking the time to report it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to hear. thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am facing similar issues as I just received my D800. Also I am not able to open .NEF-files in PSE9. Are these issues going to be fixed in LR4 and PSE9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased Nikon D4 camera.

When I shoot 16:9 still full resolution RAWs in video mode,

LR4.0 won't recoginse the files and report they're damaged
I can send you some NEFs if you want...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2012 Mar 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,
I can confirm the same problem with Nikon D4 and LR4.0
I can send you some NEFs if you want...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 01, 2012 Apr 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When is the ETA on a solution for CS5 extended? I purchased the upgrade based on the website's claims that the extended version was compatible with the D800, and was very disappointed that in fact it's still not quite there. I cannot view any of my still images in either the bridge or CS5 Extended. The error I get reads to the effect that Adobe Camera Raw is not compatible.

Please help!?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2012 Apr 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the Nikon D800 compatible with LR4? It won't let me import NEF's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presently, you need to use Camera Raw 6.7rc from here for support: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/ca...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presently, you need to use Lightroom 4.1rc from here for support: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/li...

This thread is specifically about problems with shooting still during video mode. Shooting NEFs through standard camera mode is supported in Lightroom 4.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesn't mention that the D800 is supported. I have LR4.1 installed and it doesn't import the NEF files only the JPEGS. Am I missing something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.

I run LR4 in my Apple Computer with OS X v10.7.3 but I found something. If I take picture with my D800 and choose the some compress NEF RAW option and the camera generate 40MB files, LR4 imports without problem. I am using a LEXAR 8GB 600x CF card.

Today I took pictures with my D800 using the uncompress NEF File and 14 deep bit and my new Lexar 16GB 1000x UDMA7 using my D800.

The result:
1. If I place the CF card in my Lexar reader and plug it in the USB port, the computer detect the CF card and when I want to browse it, the systems display an error window saying that this card was now unplug properly the last time (and it was the first time that I plugged it!!!!) Another windows display that the system find reading/writing error in the Card. Obviously, LR4 can not import any picture.

2. I return the CF card to the D800 and using their USB cable to connect the D800 to the apple computer directly, LR4 starts to import some pictures, but suddenly appears the error window that I explained. Well, then I install Nikon View NX2 and I can import all the pictures without problem to the apple computer, and then, I can imported to LR4.

I think that LR4 can not handle the NEF Files full resolution (every files has about 70MB size).

Tomorrow, I wil take the same pictures at the same full D800 resolution, but using the Lexar 600x and I will post my results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link doesn't mention it, because the link only mentions models that were newly supported in LR 4.1 RC (there is only one: the 5D Mark III).

The D800 and D800E was already supported in Lightroom 4.0, which shipped a month ago. The only limitation is that NEFs shot in Live View (Video Mode) cannot be imported. This will be fixed shortly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2012 Apr 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have an intermittent connectivity issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2012 Apr 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a beta version? I get an error saying it will expire!?! That's all well and good as long as there's update notices when the final product is rolled out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2012 Apr 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I formatted the CF memory card and I took another pictures, and Lightroom (v4.0) imported them without any problem.

I am hearing that if you take pictures using Live View, LR can not import it, but I did not make any test about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a Release Candidate. It is not the final version. The final version will be released before long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be specific: still pictures taken in the Live View "Video Mode" cannot be imported into Lr 4.0. However, still pictures taken in the regular ("Stills") Live View mode can be imported fine. And of course, pictures taken in regular shooting mode (not Live View) can also be imported fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, too, have a D800, upgraded to Lightroom 4, now 4.1 & it will not open my raw photos. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2012 Jun 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

4.1 DOES OPEN THEM. Just tested it
Hurrahh

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 11, 2012 Jun 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but LR 4,1 wil not open the Raw 14 bit / 12 Bit from my D800. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter, Did you import them via Nikon software first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rikk - No I did't - I always import from LR.But I have insatll the viewNX2, but I only can see the smal frams, when I will see the big frams, it will not. When I will import to my LR 4,1 the same problem pop up - can't not import.

Votes

Translate

Translate