When i choose "edit original" in Photoshop then the LR develop module doesn't reload the image after i saved the tif in Photoshop. But the library module DOES refresh. So i end up with different previews in library and develop. Only solution is to restart LR. After the restart i can see the current preview in develop module too.
Steps to reproduce:
- Open your raw file (i use dng) in LR.
- Choose "edit in Adope Photoshop". Make some changes and save. Lightroom will automatically import the created tif file. Switch to develop module in LR
- Now make another change in PS and save.
- LR should detect that change to the tif file and refresh the preview. Maybe you need to switch to the next image and back to have LR refresh the image. But it should work.
- Now close LR and PS.
- Start LR again.
- Select the tif file again, switch to develop module and choose "edit original" in Photoshop.
- Make changes in PS and save.
- LR will not refresh the preview in the develop module! But it will refresh the library module. You will now see different versions of your file in develop and library until you restart LR.
tested with Lightroom: CC 2015.1.1 and PS CC 2015.0.1 on Windows on two different machines.
This is a real pain for me since i often switch between PS and LR!