• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Develop module doesn't detect external changes to original file

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i choose "edit original" in Photoshop then the LR develop module doesn't reload the image after i saved the tif in Photoshop. But the library module DOES refresh. So i end up with different previews in library and develop. Only solution is to restart LR. After the restart i can see the current preview in develop module too.

Steps to reproduce:
- Open your raw file (i use dng) in LR.
- Choose "edit in Adope Photoshop". Make some changes and save. Lightroom will automatically import the created tif file. Switch to develop module in LR
- Now make another change in PS and save.
- LR should detect that change to the tif file and refresh the preview. Maybe you need to switch to the next image and back to have LR refresh the image. But it should work.
- Now close LR and PS.
- Start LR again.
- Select the tif file again, switch to develop module and choose "edit original" in Photoshop.
- Make changes in PS and save.
- LR will not refresh the preview in the develop module! But it will refresh the library module. You will now see different versions of your file in develop and library until you restart LR.

tested with Lightroom: CC 2015.1.1 and PS CC 2015.0.1 on Windows on two different machines.

This is a real pain for me since i often switch between PS and LR!

This worked flawlessly before LR CC.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015
This issue should be corrected by the Lightroom CC 2015.3/6.3 which is available today.

Details here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjourn...

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
Participant ,
Jul 10, 2016 Jul 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry its under the metadata handling section where this setting is located.

Catalog settings, metadata tab option to automatically. write changes to xmp file.

If this is checked when the tiff file is resaved from external editing the changes made will NOT be picked up immediately by LR. Generally restarting LR is required to see those changes.

Unchecking this option allows the user to see the changes immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 12, 2016 Jul 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, turning off Automatically Write Changes doesn't fix the symptoms I experience, reported in this post earlier in the thread: https://feedback.photoshop.com/photos...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Problem continues with lightroom 2015.7 ; camera raw 9.7
help!

Votes

Translate