• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Synchronize folder does not import new images unless show import dialog is active

Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015.2 does not import new images with "Synchronize folder" unless "Show import dialog before importing" is ticked and imported that way. It does show that there are X new images to import, but just gives "No photos or videos were found to import." dialog after pressing "Synchronize". Using Windows 10 and images are on a mapped network drive.This has worked fine with all previous versions dating back to LR 3 or so when I started using it and definitely still with 2015.1.1 yesterday.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015
CC Release 2015.3 fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 112 Replies 112
112 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2015 Nov 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synchronize folder (right clicking on a folder in Library) goes through the motions. Finds the correct number of files but when Sync is selected, it chugs and then a message says there is no photos to import and nothing is updated in Library.. This is new with 6.2.1 I use this ALL the time and need it back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Lr 6.2 (I currently have 6.2.1) folder sync does not work properly: when new photos are located in subfolders of the selected folder to sync, they are initially detected as "new" (good) in the "sync summary" dialog, but when they are eventually to be imported they do not show up ("not found" - BUG).

Note that the photos are located on a Network Attached Storage (NAS) mounted via AFP (where folder syncing worked flawlessly in Lr 6.1 and before).

I think the same problem also occurs during a "normal" import (with the new import "dialog"): photos located in sub-folders of the selected "import" folder are not found - at least when there are multiple subfolders (with photos contained in each - only photos in the "first" subfolder are found, but not the rest). Again, the total "photos to import" count is always correct - but the actual import process fails.

Reproducible on OS X 10.9 and 10.11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cannot synchronize new photos and folders. The message reads that nothing new has been found even there are new folders with new photos in them. Using Win 10 Pro and LR CC. There are a few suggestions in internet e.g. to run LR as administraator, to give full Access rights to the folder, to install MS C++ etc. Nothing has workes for me so far. Any ohter suggestions? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2015 Nov 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here with LR CC. Since an upgrade to the latest version I cannot find my new pictures with a 'synchronize folder'. This is a crucial issue for such a program. When will it be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon. Or you can roll back to 6.1.1 in the meantime http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Victoria!
I downgraded to LR 6.0 with the CC control panel. Works fine now.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2015 Nov 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, ever since the last upgrade

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The last upgrade" is ambiguous, since the Adobe updater often fools people into thinking they're on "the latest" version. Please do Help > System Info and report the exact version you're on, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

new version released this month fixed it, at least on mine 6.1.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you mean LR 6.3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. yeah 6.3 fixed it for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2015 Nov 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe and they said that the latest upgrade would fix. I just upgraded to CC 2105.3 and it does not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe and they said that the latest upgrade would fix. I just upgraded to CC 2105.3 and it does not fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you go to Help>System Info... what does the top line say in that dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom version: CC 2015.3 [ 1052427 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Release 2015.3 fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange. I have 2015.3 and still have the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2015 Dec 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens the same to me
Not happy with this issue..

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 18, 2015 Dec 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I just updated to lightroom cc 2015.3 because the previous version was making it impossible to do anything in lightroom and at the suggestion of the forums I installed the latest version. Now I cannot sync any folder as the above comments say as well. When I right click on a folder it does not show (syncyronize folder( as an option (not listed at all) and when I use the menu options they are greyed out and cannot be selected. HELP!!

Library > Synchronize Folder (greyed out)

I'm using a macbook pro with OS X El Capitan installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2015 Dec 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely still happening with 2015.3 and El Capitan. My photos are located on a network drive. Maybe that's what separates the "fixed" from the "still broken" users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2016 Jan 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a bit more digging and it looks like all of the photos that are not syncing are being flagged as duplicates. However, I can't find any way to tell lightroom to re-generate whatever data it uses to identify dupes (other forum posts seem to suggest that lighroom keeps the info indefinitely, including for deleted photos, theoretically to protect you from re-importing photos you deleted because you didn't want them). Un-checking the "don't import suspected duplicates" import box works around the sync issue but is definitely not a long-term solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2016 Jan 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> other forum posts seem to suggest that lighroom keeps the info indefinitely, including for deleted photos, theoretically to protect you from re-importing photos you deleted because you didn't want them

That's not true. Lightroom looks for an "Import Hash" in the database, which includes the filename (as it was before the photos were imported) plus the capture date plus the file length. If you remove the photos from the catalog, this import hash is deleted along with the rest of the record. It's also not transferred if you use export as / import from catalog and as far as I know, it's not created for photos that originate via sync.

If you're still seeing issues in 6.3, can I get you to create a new thread please, with a link to this one - simply because this was referring to a 6.2 bug which was fixed, and it's likely you're seeing a slightly different problem. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I had 2 issues:

The first was that for some reason a few photos were imported to a second location, which LR was aware of. This made them legit dupes until I removed the files.

I'm not sure what was preventing the other set of photos from showing up in the sync (or rather, as others have said, they show up when I try to sync, but are later ignored and don't actually import -- LR doesn't say why but presumably they are detected as duplicates). These are files that were originally imported but for some reason LR "lost" them in the catalog (either a partial import or ... I don't know). Since I forced the import by ignoring duplicates, I can no longer replicate the issue. I'll start a new thread if I see this happening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually makes it worse as before I could import with the workaround and now I can't import anything.

Adobe should give everyone a couple of free months because I am paying for something that does not work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate