• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Adjustment Gradient tool Panel is too wide in French: can't read the numbers on the right

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC: display width problem in Adjustments panels (gradient tools) where slider descritors in the French language use longer words then in English and extend the width of the panel, making the numbers on right side unreadable. Screenshot: look at the "Defringe" slider in French is "Supprimer la frange". No problem in English.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you dragged the panel to its maximum width and you are still seeing this?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have. If you look at the screen shot, you will see that the panel below it is the proper width. Here it is at the full width, same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I just found out that if I close LR in full width (even with the bug showing). when I re-open then the display in normal in full width. If I shrink it narrower, then the number cut again.

If I stretch it back, the numbers show back up. But if I shrink the panel again, then leave LR, when I come back the numbers are cut, whatever the panel width.

So the workaround is to keep the panel full width. That is a pain in the bt in the small screen that I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
May 13, 2015 May 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a workaround see my replies here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh... and here: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh....

For the french localization, you also have to find very (!) short replacements for the texts configured in the lines "$$$/Develop/Localized/ResetBrushes=..." and possibly "$$$/AgCameraRaw/LocalizedCorrections/Brush=...".

The general problem seems to be that the new brush feature for the gradient and circular filters now requires three "button texts" at the very top and bottom of the filter pane, and these texts tend to be much longer than the english version for most other languages. Although the minimum panel width seems to be configured a little bit larger for these other languages (probably because of longer words than english in general), that does not suffice for the new two button texts.

Edit/corrected: There seems to be another text which is too large - the sliders are OK after shortening the new button texts, but the vertical scroll bar just disappears when opening the filters. Ok, this can be fixed by making the panel just a _little_ bit wider. The culprit could indeed be the "Supprimer la frange" text, but it is not alone. I did not test it further because this can become really complicated and time consuming (you have to restart LR after each change).

BTW: As I wrote in the other thread: @Adobe: Please do _not_ enlarge the minimum panel width as a solution! This would be bad for many people with 4:3 monitors or generally lower resolution monitors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! This is great news!

I'm on a Mac, any idea where I can find those strings to edit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to various sites, it should be in:

/Applications/Adobe Lightroom [VersionNo].app/Contents/Resources/xx.lproj

with "xx" being the country/language code. Or in (LR 5 and later):

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Lightroom [VersionNo].app/Contents/Resources/xx.lproj

I don't know exactly how this works on a Mac, but I think the xy.app is a so called "package" which can be opened using the finder using a special command and then navigated just like a folder structure. There is nowhere mentioned which text editor to use, so I think it will be ok to just use the default text editor (it should properly handle Unicode on a Mac), and the file should be automatically saved to the package. Perhaps a Mac expert can give some additional info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not fixed in Lightroom CC 2015.1 / 6.1!
This is ridiculous! The cause and a possible solution already has been served on a silver plate by the users. Still Adobe seems to be incapable of fixing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with German version, but only on Windows, not on my Mac. Surprised to see this is still not fixed. Any feedback from Adobe when this will be sorted out?

Thx. a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a fix in the works but no ETA yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is good to see. For the time being I was able to solve this issue with the workaround which is mentioned above. And I agree that the minimum panel width should not change because you want to have as much space as possible for the photo itself.

Thx. a lot again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open the gradient filter, the control Panel is cut off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
For the time being I recommend the work around shown above. This solved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate