• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sliders Not Responding after 2015.1 update.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the newest lightroom cc version and now the sliders in the develop mode do not respond to small slider adjustment clicks in either direction. I can move the slider in small increments all the way to either end with no change to the image I'm editing. I have to either use the + - keys or click very large increments.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015
Please check out the fix in Lightroom CC 2015.2/6.2 or later

Votes

Translate

Translate
52 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try widen the right hand side pane if you want more precision.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the problem that i'm reporting. but thanks for trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use lightroom every day and now I cannot make micro adjustments with the sliders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a mouse, a trackpad or a Wacom pen/mouse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Laptop trackpad. Same for the last 5 years

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just spent the last 3 hours with Adobe tech support. They took over my computer and tried reinstalling it, logging in as a root user, safe mode, and disabling the use of the graphic card for performance and nothing changed. They escalated it to their dev team and will respond in a few days maybe. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they trash preferences? If not, that's worth a shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand the issue correctly, this issue is related to http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh... .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From an Adobe Lightroom Product Development Manager this am...

"I’m not sure of the timeframe, but I do know that Apple changed the way that sliders behave in 10.9 (and later). We’re working with them to understand how this will be in 10.11 (we’ve filed bugs with them), and once we have a clear indication of their strategy we can work on getting a fix out. That’s kinda a long winded way of saying “we hope soon, but really depends on Apple."

And then after me asking him why it just showed up in the lightroom update 2015.1 when I've been working just fine with os 10.10.3 in the previous version he said...

"Its because the apple changes in 10.9 introduced a few other bugs that were extremely serious. In fixing those, your bug appeared. Its on our radar to fix, but I just don’t have a timeframe for when that fix will be ready."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. Unfortunately LR has to make a difficult choice on which more serious bug(s) need to be fixed. The issue was originally introduced in Mac OSX 10.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon,

I'd say not being able to use the adjustment sliders in the develop mode is a pretty serious bug...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brief: Slider advances but amount number remains unchanged as well as the Image also remains unchanged

Product : Lightroom
Version : 2015.1
Build: 1025654

Procedure:
1. Point Mouse on left or right corner of the slider. try to place it as far as possible without getting the mouse cursor going outside of the Slider Key
2. Now Click the mouse. I am on Macbook, so I tap the on my touchpad.
3. Slider will move and position itself in bring the mouse in the middle
4. Keep doing this and the slider will continue to move left or right depending on where you are placing your mouse pointer
5. However, the Vignette amount number will remain unchanged and no change will also be seen on the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's excuse boils down to "it's all Apple's fault, so we can't do anything about it."

I'm sorry, I just don't buy it.

Why, for example, does this type of thing not happen with other software? Why wasn't there a problem with the last release of LR CC (version 9.0)? If there is an issue with Apple's slider software, why did Adobe change this aspect of LR from the working version we had in version 9.0, or take it into account when designing version 9.1?

This is not the only basic bug in this release. What about the broken camera profiles for the Nikon D810?

No, it seems clear to me that this up-date was not properly tested before being released. It should not have been released until working at least as well as the previous version (which it does not).

Not good enough Adobe.

Please stop the excuses and sort this all out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2015 Jun 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finding the same here, I can tap sliders to the left or right with no effect on the images. Workflow to a crawl now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,
As you will be aware, this is not the issue here. Could you confirm whether or not Adobe is doing something about this, and if are you aware of any time lines for a solution?
Thanks, Tim.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I need to make the difficult choice to downgrade to a version of lightroom I can actually use to edit photos with speed. Where would that be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They took out the workaround they had because the workaround is buggy. And they hope our complaining will force apple's devs to actually work on this bug in 10.10.5 or so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an issue with the latest update of lightroom (today is 6/18/15) with the sliders. It happens often. I will move a slider, but nothing happens. The slider will clearly be at a non-zero position, but the value will stay at zero and the image will not be adjusted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know which work around you mean, but the version of LR CC (version 9.0), which was current before the June up-date (version 9.1), was not buggy at all and, at least in my experience, did (does) not have the slider issue. As I have posted elsewhere, I have restored this earlier version on my Mac using Time Machine. I am using it now and it does not suffer from the slider issue, or any other significant problem, as far as I can tell that is. I shall continue to use version 9.0 until version 9.1 is fixed.

It is because version 9.0 works just fine, that I don't accept that the slider problem was caused by anyone other than Adobe. In my view, in bringing in version 9.1 Adobe forgot the old adage: "if it ain't broke, don't mend it!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2015 Jun 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my voice to this. Incredibly frustrating to try and make small adjustments and much more time consuming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While this is frustrating, the simplest workaround for now is to click and drag the slider knob. It's an extra step, but not that much slower than clicking at the intended setting on the slider bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 28, 2015 Jun 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me - the upgrade in cc. Just to add my support to what's been discussed above.

Votes

Translate

Translate