• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Sliders Not Responding after 2015.1 update.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the newest lightroom cc version and now the sliders in the develop mode do not respond to small slider adjustment clicks in either direction. I can move the slider in small increments all the way to either end with no change to the image I'm editing. I have to either use the + - keys or click very large increments.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015
Please check out the fix in Lightroom CC 2015.2/6.2 or later

Votes

Translate

Translate
52 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2015 Jun 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same trouble with the sliders "sticking". Strange that this update wasn't fully tested before it's release. For now...it's back to earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just discovered the same on my Mac. LR CC 9.1 and OSX 10.4
Never had the problem before upgrading

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well, for me it happens when I click close to where the slider already is, while if I click farther from the slider the adjustment will be made. Now I am clicking and dragging to make adjustments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I had the Lightroom CC Trial before, and it worked fine. After the 2015 Update I subscribed to CC. Now I'm having this issue. It wasn't there before. If it had been, I would not have subscribed. Thinking about canceling my subscription while it's possible, if there isn't a fix soon.
Impossible to work on LR on a Trackpad this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same problem in Lightroom CC after updating yesterday (4/7/15) it is incredibly frustrating and slows workflow down immensely. When you are using lightroom professionally to edit wedding photos at nearly a thousand a wedding it is extremely painful. Please adobe take note and fix this problem.
Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2015 Jul 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Mac OS X Yosemite ( 10.10.3) - I am having the same issue with the sliders as everyone else.

Sue

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 05, 2015 Jul 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having the same issue, video for reference.

http://youtu.be/fAjMnC5sNNI

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exact same issue after updating.. this is the reason why I always avoid update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 25, 2015 Jul 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please check out the fix in Lightroom CC 2015.2/6.2 or later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2015 Jul 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will that be? Appreciate the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2015 Jul 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon; many thanks for letting us know that this issue is being addressed, it's certainly good news, but I would appreciate it if you might also be able to let us know the likely time scale.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simon, thank you for the reply - a timeline would be appreciated! This is seriously hurting our editing capabilities!

Also, a feature request: There NEEDS to be a way to downgrade to a previous version of LR6/CC if new versions will be automatically pushed out to users. Dealing with this debilitating issue during the wedding busy season has seriously hurt my business, and a way to downgrade the "point" versions would be of high value to me and other professionals dealing with this.

However, never again will I upgrade LR without first backing everything up first. Lesson learned the hard way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inputs to slide controls, such as clarity or highlights in Develop mode, do not change without moving the slider repeatedly. Slider position icon changes to reflect updated value, integer does not change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Lightroom, if you click just to the side of a slider, I.e, exposure or shadows etc, the slider moves but the value does not, and no effect has been applied to the image. In fact you can keep clicking just to the side of the slider to get it all the way over to one side without any effect being applied. This is a shame, as I often clicked just to the side of a slider to apply a small adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my LR 5.2 after update is freezing at my every move for about 15 seconds,,esp the develop graduation n radial tools which i use the most..plz help as i am unable to get adobe support...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please start another thread as this one's about CC and will have completely different causes and solutions. It would also be worth including your full system specs and more detail about what's happening, and what preceded this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide an indication when that release will be? Are we talking days, months...??

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok... Just updated the LR6.1.1 with today's release (7/29/15), and it has improved in regard to the sliders not adjusting. I tried recreating the bug and couldn't do it, as the sliders have are more responsive.

I downloaded the update through my LR6 Help tab, and also here's a link to the notes: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/

Still perturbed there was no way to downgrade out of "version point" software versions, especially if it looks like Adobe is poised to kill the standalone software with today's RAW announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this update only for LR6? Not CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is for both. LR 6.1.1 and CC2015.1.1 (and Adobe Camera Raw 9.1.1)
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing the update for cc and nothing happens when i click updates in the help tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’re having trouble, you can also install via the following links:

Mac - http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/...
Win - http://swupdl.adobe.com/updates/oobe/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2015 Aug 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT'S FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased LR yesterday, the trial worked perfectly btw.
Yesterday after installing it worked fine. Today not so much, the sliders aren't moving at all, but I can see the image in the preview window changing. After about 30 seconds my photo in the develop window will change and the slider is now whereI guess I left it. Beyond frustrated.
Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I am not sure if you're reporting the same issue as the original thread. Which version of Lr that you are currently running? Try the following tip http://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-roll-back-to-lightroom-2015-1-1-or-lightroom-6-1-1/ to install Lr 6.1.1/Lr 2015.1.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate