• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Slideshow Module takes over selected display monitor until LR is closed

Community Beginner ,
May 05, 2015 May 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview works correctly except that the intro screen is never displayed during preview and occasionally is swapped with the ending screen, however, the main issue happens when you press "Play" and the slideshow appears on the selected monitor, it stays there after any interruption of the show and even upon completion.

Changing modules does not clear the display. Only exiting Lightroom.

Also, if you stop the show, make a change and start it again, there is occasionally a dialog box that is displayed behind LR which requires the program to be stopped through the Windows Task Manager because LR is waiting for the modal dialog to be satisfied.

I am running an ATI Radeon 6800 HD (2GB) PCI-E Display Adapter with the latest drivers on Windows 7 Premium with the latest service packs and all updates on a Quad Core AMD FX PC with 16GB RAM.

This issue did not exist with LR 5.7.

Thanks!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015
This is fixed in Lightroom 6.2 which is available today. (Actually, it was fixed in Lightroom 6.1.1, I apologize for not updating the thread earlier.)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
New Here ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that hang problem happen frequently? And, how many photos are you using when you start to play the slideshow?

Would you be able to update the graphic driver from AMT’s website and restart the computer . This will probably solve the hang problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 10, 2015 May 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have similar problem: Screen remains black after playing slideshow.
ATI video-card with latest drivers, Windows 7. I do Ctrl-Alt-Del - task manager - switch back to Lightroom.

Someone also have this problem seems similar:
http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is a similar problem to the one I reported earlier. I have confirmed that playing a full screen slideshow gets "stuck" and can't be quit (unless forcing quit with Ctrl+Alt+Del) on Win7 machines running either Lr CC or Lr 6. It's got nothing to do with graphic drivers since I do not run with the GPU enabled. It might be a Windows only bug. It can happen with only a single image in the slide show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does full-screen preview (type "F" in Library mode) also get stuck? If so, your problems might be related to these people's: http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems with full screen preview. I'm wondering if the full screen slideshow "stuck" issue is related to multi-monitors. Both I and a friend have dual monitor set-ups and we both exhibit the slide show issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible that you create a screen-shot if you observe the dialog box is displayed? It will be very helpful. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Ctrl+Alt+Del and then immediately cancel Task Mgr (without killing LR), is LR returned to normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem happen *every* time the slideshow runs, with as little at 1 image or as many as 200.

I have the latest driver available - released with the last 2 weeks - and there are no additional beta or test versions for my card.

I have also uninstalled the video driver, reverting back to the standard SVGA defaults, cleaned the driver using an AMD utility, and done a clean install. Still no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, yes Alexander, this works. I tried the 3-finder salute but never thought to just exit, I always selected task manager, which ended up leaving the screen unavailable. Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then Esc clears the window without having to shut down LR. Good catch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it doesn't. Full screen mode, on it's own, works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have any dialog. Slideshow after it ends is stack at black screen (or if stopped in the middle of slideshow ) and does not react to any keyboard keys, except of Ctrl-Alt-Del. After that all returns to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no. I've tried. Using Windows' "PrtScrn" displays a blank screen - I suspect because the slideshow uses a different video mode, outside the standard Windows 2D desktop.

I also tried using Screen Hunter, but it will not capture either of my additional displays, only display 1.

As noted above, pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and then Esc clears the screen and returns operation to normal without shutting down LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which graphic card are you using now and what's the driver version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 05, 2015 Oct 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This is fixed in Lightroom 6.2 which is available today. (Actually, it was fixed in Lightroom 6.1.1, I apologize for not updating the thread earlier.)

Thanks,
Ben

Votes

Translate

Translate