• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: "Black & White Mix" missing from copy settings and synchronize settings dialogs

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not possible to copy nor synchronize Black & White Mix settings, as the option is missing from the dialog. (While creating new preset, Black & White Mix option is present.) Even if "Check All" button is pressed while copying or synchronizing settings, Black & White Mix is not copied/synchronized.
Version: Lightroom Classic CC 7.3

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
18 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is clearly a bug, probably introduced by the new Adobe Monochrome profile.

There's a similar problem with the Previous button which doesn't apply slider values.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems in Adobe's quest to add presets they have forgotten that photography professionals depend on these tools on a daily basis.    I am generally pretty good at finding work arounds to get my work done.   Seems lately in Adobe's rush to introduce new features they are missing a big step in delivering a quality product.  Since the Name Change to Lightroom Classic CC each iteration seems to have more bugs than were fixed in the previous version.   Somehow I expected Adobe to tread lightly and be a bit more cautious  with Lightroom Classic CC.   I guess I was wrong.     Not being able to sync the b/w mix is a real issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2018 Apr 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not being able to sync the b/w mix is a real issue for me.
And for me too. A workaround is to create a new preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem. I cannot seem to find the link to the "submit bug report" form for Lightroom Classic CC. What's the procedure to notify Adobe of the bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting this one. We are working on it.
Keep up the good work !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How long do you think it'll be until it's fixed?  The suggested workaround by creating presets isn't going to work for the amount of B&W mixes I'm updating throughout my catalog.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question. What is the expected behavior of the black & white mix when a B&W profile is selected?  When I select a B&W profile, it appears to set the B&W mix to an auto setting that varies between images.  If I double click on "Black & White Mix" to reset it to all zeros, and then select any B&W profile, the B&W mix is no longer affected for that image.  However, syncing the B&W profile ALWAYS results in syncing the B&W auto mix, whether or not it was zeroed out or had settings that were NOT auto.  It seems to me that the purpose of a profile is to gain an effect, but still have zeroed out develop settings throughout the panel.  Which is why I am not sure that this is the expected behavior of the BW profile... 

Since it is not made clear that the B&W profiles are related to the B&W mix settings (at least currently), it is most likely misleading people who are intending ONLY to sync the Profile as their B&W mix settings will be affected as well, perhaps unknowingly.  Not only that, it is not immediately apparent that a B&W profile is an "AUTO" setting, so that after syncing every image has different B&W mix setting, regardless of whether the initial image had the B&W mix settings zeroed out or not.  I would expect Monochrome to have an auto B&W mix, but not the other profiles.  Syncing using AUTO settings is always a touchy thing, and I generally prefer to sync exact numbers for similar exposures/settings.  If I were syncing a B&W mix, I would sync it exact, NOT the auto B&W mix settings.  If I were syncing a profile, I would expect every setting to be exactly the same as the first selected image, because I did not know anything was on auto.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If trying to sync a BW profile to an image that had the Black & White Mix intentionally zeroed out, the B&W mix won't even sync the Auto settings.  

There doesn't appear to be a way to get back the auto B&W mix settings once they were intentionally zeroed out/reset.  UGGG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

really adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I been in contact with adobe on the Paste from Previous/sync bug...Gave them full access to my mac, no help there. They said they were going to call back after i sent them two monocrome test images to work with, they never did call back.  This is serious messing up my workflow and slowing me down. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Luckly it was easy to go back to ver. 7.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really? How did you do that? I desperately need to apply BW to a big stack of photos!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2018 Apr 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do this? I tried making a new preset with just the process version and BW mix selected but it doesn't have any effect when I apply the preset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RackMultipart201804211297631w6-4bd98b7d-ec6c-4b5c-ba2f-53f2095ebdef-1251204626.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RackMultipart20180421642001kfj-0581370e-040c-4b63-afbc-136e6d9f3ac4-973326631.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still can't sync the freaking BW Mixes. Somebody fix this!!!  Nothing is working right.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few hours later, and the new update fixed it!  YAY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I have this issue now, it was working when I last wanted to sync black and white in November, I can't remember how many updates since then, or when it stopped working, but applying b/w to all images using sync settings only works if Treatment & Profile is also ticked, what have I missed?? Since when did that have to be ticked? 

Votes

Translate

Translate