• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Slow is the application of presets to an entire shoot

LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately several of the performance gains you delivered in the last release has been lost in this release.  Particularly slow is the application of presets to an entire shoot. Sharpening is particularly slow, lens profiles are terribly slow.  Also as I edit photos whenever I hit the crop shortcut key I see a flash of a previous crop instead of the photo I am working on. I have also experienced a preset being applied to a photo when I have hovered over it but not clicked on it and then I can't reset the photo without stopping and starting LR.  Exports are still slow and previews are back to being slower.  Not as bad as before but slower than the last release.  I am also experiencing LR Not Responding errors on Exports of large file sets.  I have to kill LR to get it to respond again.  Overall I am disappointed you released a version that was this poorly tested and obviously performs slower than the last release after you made such a big deal of the performance gains.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018
Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest version is certainly a bit weird ... last time I started it, I got a feedback request on why LR had crashed (it hadn't). I started filling in the form after I'd finished working in LR and the form then disappeared half-way through my typing!  I am slowly but steadily losing what faith I had in Adobe's position on LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2018 Apr 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Craig,

I am sorry you are experiencing poor performance. 

The Crop issue where the previous image shows briefly is a known issue and should be resolved in an update. 

Regarding the rest of the items on your list, it would be helpful if you could provide more information. 

OS Version:
Specs on your computer:
Actual specific operations you report as slow and the time in seconds they take:

From the group of issues you describe, I would suspect a good first step would be to reset your Lightroom Classic CC preferences. Here are the instructions.

Reset Procedure:

1. Close Lightroom.
2. Hold down [Alt/Opt]+[Shift] while restarting Lightroom. 
3. Overwrite the Preferences when prompted by the dialog.
4. Close Lightroom.
5. Restart Lightroom.

Do the various behavior issues improve in their performance after resetting the preferences?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's horrible for me, too.  Instead of previewing presets in the preview window it now tries to preview the preset on the entire photo and it's killing my computer with no way to turn it off.  I wouldn't have upgrade had I not needed RAW capability for the Sony Ay-III.  This is ridiculous.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say reset preferences, what exactly is being wiped off and needs to be set up again?

I'm reluctant to do that.

BTW, I have similar issues, plus others. It is a disgrace and you guys should be ashamed of this mess.  It's not like you're giving Lightroom for free.

You should have stuck with one version and made sure it works properly and not use us paying customers as your beta testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sangean,

The Lightroom Queen has detailed the preference reset process nicely here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice to know it's not just me. I used to put a preset on a 1,000 photos or more and it was done in seconds.  Now I put it on 500 and it takes over 10 minutes to put it on the photos.  It's disgustingly slow. I was so happy it finally sped up last release but this release is slower than all the ones I used previously.  I'm using Win 7 with 8 GB of RAM and and Intel i7 chip so there's no reason for this to be so excruciatingly slow!!  I'm NOT happy about it whatsoever and wish I could go back to the previous release.  I'm going to try to figure out if I can because there is NOTHING in this release that is better about Lightroom for me.  😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brenda,

Is it with any specific preset? If so can you share the presetwith us for investigating the issue.

Thanks,
Ganesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just applying my standard preset to 3400 pictues and it's now arount 75% finished after 40 minutes!! I can send you the preset, just let me know how

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my own preset or any pre-installed preset.  I figured how to roll back to the previous version of Lightroom Classic and I'm all good now - fast and enjoyable again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Application of LR presets are slow for me as well and I I don't need to provide one. Just try apply either the sharpen scenic or faces to that many photos and it would take that long.  Try to apply a Lens Profile to a large photo shoot and it also takes forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lightroom Classic CC 7.5 was released today and should address this issue.  If you don’t see the update in your Creative Cloud App, hit the [Ctrl/Cmd]+ [Alt/Opt]+[R] to force a refresh. 

Give the new version a try and let us know if it solves the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate